Debug Mode & Spawning Pufts... Is it Possible?

I've been having fun testing in debug mode (thanks for making that available to us!) & would really like to spawn in some pufts to play around with. I've been pouring through the controls and trying different options, and other than making the game crash occasionally, I can't figure out a way to make that happen.

Klei, is it possible to spawn in a Puft using Debug Mode? If so, how?!

It's not possible, but one thing i have been doing to test pufts is to use the debug painter tool, and paint a bunch of oxygen, or vacuum over the algae areas, there are usually about 7-9 pufts on the map, and then it's just a matter of rounding them up into a nice room.
You can round them up "easily" by using instant build mode (Ctrl + F4) and draw walls around them as they move to constantly move them closer to eachother. Just be sure to check their temperature, or keep them in a vacuum.
They want to be between 22.9 and 50.9 degrees.
Also one thing to be careful of, don't trap your pufts against a wall or tile. They need at least 1 block of space around them.
They might seem fine for a while, several cycles, but eventually they die 1 by 1 simply to touching a tile.

1 hour ago, SpoonsOnMyElbows said:

It's not possible, but one thing i have been doing to test pufts is to use the debug painter tool, and paint a bunch of oxygen, or vacuum over the algae areas, there are usually about 7-9 pufts on the map, and then it's just a matter of rounding them up into a nice room.
You can round them up "easily" by using instant build mode (Ctrl + F4) and draw walls around them as they move to constantly move them closer to eachother. Just be sure to check their temperature, or keep them in a vacuum.
They want to be between 22.9 and 50.9 degrees.
Also one thing to be careful of, don't trap your pufts against a wall or tile. They need at least 1 block of space around them.
They might seem fine for a while, several cycles, but eventually they die 1 by 1 simply to touching a tile.

not exactly

you can edit the .yaml file like this so that you can spawn more pufts when generating world.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\mobs.yaml

Puft:
    selectMethod: Centroid
    density:
      min: 0.01
      max: 0.01

edit the min & max value to 0.1, which is default to be 0.01.

Try yourself! enjoy the game!

dupes can be spawned, but not mobs. we do need a debug command for this, would be useful to experiment with resource farming

9 hours ago, SpoonsOnMyElbows said:

You can round them up "easily" by using instant build mode (Ctrl + F4) and draw walls around them as they move to constantly move them closer to eachother.

why not just use the teleport command if you're going to do that, you can select them and warp to your pointer. building around them is always dangerous because of the way they handle collision, this kills the mob. also useful to free trapped dupes, their pathing is so bad. and to get rid of garbage/NYI materials that can't be sweeped, toss them in a hole somewhere

what I used to do was pump dirty air ahead of them and they will be lured towards it to inhale, it's a passive way to get them just to wander into your base without having to herd them. but this is a pain if their spawn is far away

56 minutes ago, MicroJackson said:

another question: are mobs despawning as well? (or dying?)
'cause i had a puft in a chamber next to my base and he disappears.. didnt saw what exactly happens there

my slime source!! gone! wft :D

They can heat or freeze to death.

4 hours ago, solounomas said:

dupes can be spawned, but not mobs. we do need a debug command for this, would be useful to experiment with resource farming

why not just use the teleport command if you're going to do that, you can select them and warp to your pointer. building around them is always dangerous because of the way they handle collision, this kills the mob. also useful to free trapped dupes, their pathing is so bad. and to get rid of garbage/NYI materials that can't be sweeped, toss them in a hole somewhere

what I used to do was pump dirty air ahead of them and they will be lured towards it to inhale, it's a passive way to get them just to wander into your base without having to herd them. but this is a pain if their spawn is far away

Thanks, i've never actually used the teleport command, i just thought it was to move dupes.

Archived