Help, what do I do with Hydrogen?

Am I missing something? Is there no way yet to deal with Hydrogen. The electrolyzers that create my oxygen also overflow my base with hydrogen. 

As a short term solution I created a huge bubble above my base for the Hydrogen to gather, but at this rate everyone is soon going to suffocate.

Is there a way to turn Hydrogen into something else here in this game? (sorry I am no chemistry expert) 

8 minutes ago, lemmethink said:

I would like a way to bottle gases. There is already an contaminated oxygen bottle. Anyone figured out how to make one, and what to do with it? It can't be sweep I think.

In this game, empty bottles are not renewable... it seems.

42 minutes ago, lemmethink said:

I would like a way to bottle gases. There is already an contaminated oxygen bottle. Anyone figured out how to make one, and what to do with it? It can't be sweep I think.

If my colony doesn't go without food before, I'll build a sealed room just to bottle chlorine, pumping it inside... I'm not optimistic I'll do that in time though :/ (7 dupes are starving)

2 hours ago, Spider2430 said:

hydrogen can be used to provide electricity if you research the tech for it

I still haven't managed to make it work, since the air pumps don't give the generator a constant amount.

Spoiler

20170216195403_1.jpg

If you can see, in the immediate area surrounding the pump, this generates a small vacuum which make it turn off, the vacuum fills with the surrounding gas, the pump turns on and the cycle repeats. Pumping just a little bit of hydrogen which is not enough to fuel the generator.

I even tried with several, which isn't exactly efficient since those consume 240 W/h each, and the generator makes just 800 W/h.

20170216202250_1.jpg

11 minutes ago, Octyabr said:

I still haven't managed to make it work, since the air pumps don't give the generator a constant amount.

Reveal hidden contents

20170216195403_1.jpg

If you can see, in the immediate area surrounding the pump, this generates a small vacuum which make it turn off, the vacuum fills with the surrounding gas, the pump turns on and the cycle repeats. Pumping just a little bit of hydrogen which is not enough to fuel the generator.

I even tried with several, which isn't exactly efficient since those consume 240 W/h each, and the generator makes just 800 W/h.

20170216202250_1.jpg

You mean you couldn't get the generator to make any power? When I built mine it was just like you said, the gas pump would go on and off continiously, and it filled some hydrogen in the generator, but was used pretty quickly. The problem, actually, was that the hydrogen ponds don't provide enough gas to make it work for more than 3 cycles in my case. Anyway, I managed to charge two batteries using this generator.

1 minute ago, deadgag said:

You mean you couldn't get the generator to make any power? When I built mine it was just like you said, the gas pump would go on and off continiously, and it filled some hydrogen in the generator, but was used pretty quickly. The problem, actually, was that the hydrogen ponds don't provide enough gas to make it work for more than 3 cycles in my case. Anyway, I managed to charge two batteries using this generator.

Actually that hydrogen comes from a pair of electrolysers (which by the way, generate a LOT of hydrogen, half my base is flooded with it)

I almost forgot to mention that the electrolysers stop and run in the same fashion.

Yup, I've just suffocated my entire base with hydrogen caused by the same problem. Electrolysers stop working because air pressure is too great yet gas pump placed a level higher won't work because there's not enough gas. 

4 minutes ago, res0nat0r said:

I seem to be having the same problem. The gas pump on the left is connected to the generator on the right, but it doesn't seem to be removing any hydrogen. Am I doing something wrong?

8e9356b5db83480b93e6708a1791b79f.png

Judging by the colour, that pocket of hydrogen is too thin for the pump to work (bug), thus not giving the generator a constant supply, which the generator requires to work. (also a bug)

The generator only works properly if it's constantly fed, and that only happen if the hydrogen pressure is above 600g per tile.

1 hour ago, Octyabr said:

Judging by the colour, that pocket of hydrogen is too thin for the pump to work (bug), thus not giving the generator a constant supply, which the generator requires to work. (also a bug)

The generator only works properly if it's constantly fed, and that only happen if the hydrogen pressure is above 600g per tile.

Ahh ok. Right now it is ~110-140 when I click on a few squares around the pump. Thanks for the info! 

Archived