I am really enjoying DST and playing with my friends. After the recent hot-fixes the amount of errors and crashed have declined greatly. It is getting to the point where we are playing the game for very long periods of time. I've noticed that both my friend and i would really like the chance to pause the game sometimes for restroom breaks, and snack runs, but instead are forced to leave the server because viewing the map no longer pauses the game. I was thinking if there were a vote to pause option or something made available that it would be a useful addition to the game. Just food for thought, :)

Yes, please! A server pause option operated by the host would certainly be very beneficial.

But I imagine the map-retention bug needs to be fixed first, otherwise players will stay on their servers permanently in order to avoid the map-revelation loss. 

I prefer unanimous consent to pause. The host can remove anyone if required to force a pause and block future connections by closing the game or turning it private, or just block new connections when paused.

If the game can be saved and reloaded by the host, the host also retains this option to "pause", so a "pause" option is really more for guests than the host but must be presented to all participants for their consent to be fair.

If you require unanimous consent to pause, and then are just going to kick the people that don't agree until you can pause it. That seems like a lot of work and it would be bad for good will.  It would make more sense to have a majority vote or host decides option.

Anyway, I think it would make a lot more sense to continue this conversation on the topic about pausing which was started on Nov 7th and has a lot more replies than this one. Including a Developer reply saying some sort of AFK/pause option is being worked on.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/43617-global-pause/

I totally agree with a server pause option, I suggest both player vote or admin insta-pause capability.  The optional player voting can be turned on at server start up.  Admin pause would always be available.

Archived