this game needs bigger chests

I like to run around in this game. dedicate a few inventory slots for important gear (walking cane, weapon, armor, boomerang). harvesting ressources can be fun this way. running around chasing spiders, shooting boomerangs at birds, punching goats, chasing tumbleweeds. but the problem is that the inventory gets full very quickly. I'm okay with the inventory space, but when you get back to your base you still have to spend time stashing all the stuff correctly. there are so many types of items in this game, the chests are just too small. it can take up to an entire game day just to sort all that stuff out, I hate it. imagine how more pleasant it would be to have a single one big chest that you only have to click once and shift click all your inventory stuff in it. 

Something tells me it won't take too long before people say things like "just build more chests" or "just don't hoard as much stuff". 

Personally, I wouldn't mind having a larger chest option that gives you 16 slots instead of 9.  Obviously, the recipe would need to reflect that by being harder to make and maybe requiring some difficult to obtain items.  I don't see how having larger chests could be considered game-breaking since you can already place tons of chests in a small area now.  The purpose of larger chests would be for the sake of sorting, not hoarding.

That being said, I think a better solution would be an autofill option.  Have a button that puts all items in your inventory into nearby chests (let's say half a screen) if that item has a stack already started.

I really, really know what you mean when it comes to storage space. I've had to dedicate almost half my base or more just to storing loot from caves, boss mobs etc...

Plus what you said about spending entire days just sorting items I can relate to aswell. Oh well, it gives me something to do I guess :D

Darn it, here I was going to post this:

315790748_christina_hendricks_at_awards_

and MagicTurnip made an even better DS-Themed drawing *pouts*

I'm sorry for wasting everybody's time. 

Why yes...I can leave the pic, why do you ask?

More seriously, the options are either to use the previously mentioned mods that increase the structure chest size, or to use droppable packs like Piggybacks and Krampus Sacks as portable containers instead of chests. Those two packs also are waterproof unlike backpacks.

Archived