So does that mean all the characters are going to be rebalanced?

... or should I begin adorning my King of Don't Starve crown with all the delicious gears my WX-78 will be eating?

(Side note: I literally can't wait to hear what characters are going to say when they directly examine Waxwell, because now it's actually intended for them to be within the same game world.)

All logic will be broken in a session with Wilson and Maxwell playing at the same time, causing the universe to implode.

I'd imagine core mechanics would be rebalanced rather than characters themselves, like the health of bosses and such.

That is indeed the question, eh?

Will Waxwell be playable in multiplayer?

I think at least some character rebalancing is going to have to take place. Take Wickerbottom for example: will sleeping just be unavailable to all players if one chooses Wickerbottom? Will all other players just be sitting there watching an animation of their character sleeping while Wickerbottom just does her thing for the rest of the night? I mean what happens?

And that's, yet another, great question: will we be able to play as the same character at the same time? Can we really have a game with 4 Woodies?

I think there will probably be some kind of multiplayer-compatible version of each of the characters. Webber wouldn't really work in his current state as a multiplayer character, and Woodie would probably eat the rest of the players...

Archived