Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DwerBomb

Will Starbound be on sale during christmas time?

14 posts in this topic

it is a mystery, steam works in mysterious ways. It's unlikely as its early access but it is possible.

it is a mystery, steam works in mysterious ways. It's unlikely as its early access but it is possible.

Thanks... So I'll wait and see.

I seriously doubt it. It's doing well, and it is one of the few indie games that wasn't on immediate 10% off sale on Steam.

If it does go on sale, I doubt it'd be more than 25% off. It's far too new, it's already quite successful at its normal price, and it hasn't even been technically released yet since it's in early-access beta.

Yeah, someone told me that I should have waited to buy Starbound because I could have gotten it cheaper. They were wrong.

Yeah, someone told me that I should have waited to buy Starbound because I could have gotten it cheaper. They were wrong.

only thing you could hope for is a lucky Humble Bundle Store deal.

only thing you could hope for is a lucky Humble Bundle Store deal.

With Starbound in it? Not any time soon, lol.

With Starbound in it? Not any time soon, lol.

I pretty much agree. I only said that because the thought of giving to charity always stands a better chance to early sales than anything else :p

Unrelated: I suggested this change on the SB forums. If you like it, please say so if you have an account. http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/add-more-fun-for-the-roulette-capsules.53859/

Well, calling Starbound a beta, even early beta, is a misplaced label. Mid-late alpha would be more accurate. So if your intention is to actually play the game and nothing else, I'd suggest waiting, and you might get lucky and stumble upon a sale. On the other hand, if you really like the game's concept and want to follow its development closely, then I would advise buying it now, since it's unlikely to go on sale, and even if it is the discount should be small, as pointed out here.

1 person likes this