Blueprints (please!!!)

10 hours ago, G lander said:

Its kinda how debug constructions save, but woud be better if you will make blueprints-like saves.....

i made a lot of typos :(

Yeah blue print, but not really like debug, blueprint like telling your dupe construct this big structure

Yeah, this would be nice. There have been a few times I build a complicated structure and then say “Okay, I need 8 more exactly like this.”

Think about it, if you have a favorite/optimized room layout with all the furnishings, piping, ductwork, etc. You’d be able to essentially copy and paste that rather than rewdrawing the whole room again, and again.

Or even just simple things like repeating patterns for floor tiles, which would eliminate lots of repetitive counting.

18 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Blueprints would be nice, but to set it up would be complicated, to prevent entombing of dupes.
The dupes have to construct stuff in a way that they dont block other stuff, or them self..

For that i think blueprint need to save the priority construction

On 4/24/2018 at 11:19 AM, Oozinator said:

Blueprints would be nice, but to set it up would be complicated, to prevent entombing of dupes.
The dupes have to construct stuff in a way that they dont block other stuff, or them self..

I think blueprints would be great when combined with a priority 0 (where they ignore the task).  That way, you could see the full build, know what the entire thing will look like, and then build it in a safe order.

Maybe have it so that you have to have blue prints researched as well as a certain level engineer so that this is more of a mid game function rather than early game?

Like combining the idea with priority zero. Maybe there will be an engineering upgrade that gives us blueprints, structure upgrades, and new buildings like liquid and gas tanks?

Archived