Windowes update and now issues

Happened to me as well when I got the last big Window's update.  I 'fixed' it by rolling back the Window's update after a multitude of internet fix-it ideas failed. Didn't try logging out of Steam though. Let us know if that works for you.

3 hours ago, Venturi said:

Logging out and restarting steam did not work, I feel that rolling back the windows update should not be a fix only to hopefully get the devs to look at it. Any other ideas?

I saw several bug reports with problems after windows update. Some had black screen and some only icon in taskbar.

One was related to nvidia cards and "Aspect ratio" scaling issue. (link)

Check or upload "output_log.txt" maybe there is some info.

You can try to press shift while starting ONI and see if you get that dialog (and then maybe try to check windowed)...

uO8pneR.png

2 hours ago, Venturi said:

I tried as you stated above and I can get a black screen now when in windowed mode.... but still nothing loads.

I have attached the output log if anyone is willing to help.

output_log.txt

Well you have AMD card but error looks similar like that nvidia problem. (except windowed mode worked for that issue)

Was you able to get dialog with holding shift and did you get empty list of monitors (displays) at the bottom or was it not empty?

This is the error:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at UnityEngine.Display.RecreateDisplayList (System.IntPtr[] nativeDisplay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

When you have that black windowed screen pressing alt+Enter probably will stay black but worth trying.

If you know how, you can try and run regedit.exe and look at:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Klei\Oxygen Not Included

iaag7f9.png

Maybe setting monitor to zero (and fullscreen and resolution) there can do something if it is not set there correctly.

My monitor list is empty, alt+enter did not work. And sorry I don't know much about the registry stuff.

Edit: In my Radeon setting I turned on GPU scaling and now I have a monitor to pick from and the game does play... only issue now is that it doesn't have any sound.

Second Edit: The sound was also from the windows update, windows decided to default to the wrong setting. Thanks for the help bzgzd.

1 hour ago, Venturi said:

In my Radeon setting I turned on GPU scaling and now I have a monitor to pick from and the game does play...

Interesting. So it is not nvidia only problem but probably windows 10 update issue...

I don't know about those scaling settings what exactly they mean but for me (on nvidia) I have there "Perform scaling on: GPU" and that is the only option and I can't put there anything other than GPU.

b9msAup.png

So one possible work around to this that I may have engaged accidentally, open control panel, programs and features, Turns windows features on and off, in this window will be a list one will say Legacy put a check box in there. and see if that fixes this problem

I say accidentally, had to do it for an older game to work.

image.thumb.png.9d3112a0d6420d9ef3960acd96a8d8db.png

Archived