Is it possible to load back a save in single player somehow?

I dun goofed; I played SW beta, for over 60 days on one computer. Then, I opened the game on another computer, without realising I didn't have the beta installed. I opened my save with it not installed... realised this, exited the game, reinstalled... but all the structures and dolphin dens and such are gone from the world. Is there anything I can do at this point to bring it back? Or will I have to manually spawn stuff in over time or something?

One thing I can think up off the top of my head is going in offline mode in Steam on the first computer you were playing and trying to find the save files from before you played on the second one, then transferring the save over.

I tried to do this once, but usually the saves update and disappear once you go online. You might have to start all over in a new save, sadly.

10 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

One thing I can think up off the top of my head is going in offline mode in Steam on the first computer you were playing and trying to find the save files from before you played on the second one, then transferring the save over.

I tried to do this once, but usually the saves update and disappear once you go online. You might have to start all over in a new save, sadly.

I guess I'll try that. If that doesn't work, well, I'll may be spawn stuff in. I just need to spawn in some tar patches, ballphin dens and a sea lab. I may be missing somethings though?

I generally recommend turning steam cloud sync off for Don't Starve. It's really glitchy, worlds get corrupted. Once I lost most of my map progress (it was fully explored), Seaworthy was in different place for some reason etc.
I tried moving savefile manually, but I failed. Maybe I didn't pick correct files.

Is there some way to back-up the save file(s)? I could perhaps simply make copies of the save file and try to then put them back in, in case the offline thing doesn't work out,  just to be on the safe side. Afraid to just roll with the offline mode and hope that it gives me the option to override one file over the other.

9 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Is there some way to back-up the save file(s)? I could perhaps simply make copies of the save file and try to then put them back in, in case the offline thing doesn't work out,  just to be on the safe side. Afraid to just roll with the offline mode and hope that it gives me the option to override one file over the other.

Back them up the old fashioned way and keep them on a flash drive that isn't connected to your computer when you start up Steam.

15 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

Back them up the old fashioned way and keep them on a flash drive that isn't connected to your computer when you start up Steam.

Not sure why you couldn't just copy in a new folder, as I did just that, due to this tutorial and its comment section:

Well, in any regard, I got it sorted through going in off-line mode, playing, then uploading the save after exiting and entering with internet connection on.

Archived