Port ANR content to Singleplayer under a new name? Cyclum?

1 minute ago, SuperDavid said:

Charlie would be better of being a mod character as I don't think Klei can do her perks/cons justice after witnessing what her older sister got.

Probably, however the idea is to balance the content between them. Then again, they nerf all the characters to garbage in DST, so it'll probably be okay in DS.

8 minutes ago, Winona said:

Probably, however the idea is to balance the content between them. Then again, they nerf all the characters to garbage in DST, so it'll probably be okay in DS.

you clearly don't get how Klei works. DS is no doubt Klei's most popular franchise and they clearly get that. and tbh, I really like that single player is getting a different flavor from DST. That's what will make the two franchises interesting in the long run.

I agree that fences, minisigns and doors should be in the game, but Beefalo riding is so time consuming, boring and pointless in DST that I don't see why we should have that in DS, which in turn explains why no modder has even bothered with that... lol

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

you clearly don't get how Klei works. DS is no doubt Klei's most popular franchise and they clearly get that. and tbh, I really like that single player is getting a different flavor from DST. That's what will make the two franchises interesting in the long run.

I agree that fences, minisigns and doors should be in the game, but Beefalo riding is so time consuming, boring and pointless in DST that I don't see why we should have that in DS, which in turn explains why no modder has even bothered with that... lol

Yes, I agree on the top one, however, it is not fair for one game to get more content than the other, when the original concept is literally just "more players". ESPECIALLY when it works in the lore.

Beefalo riding sucks, but it is still content. Will probably be easier in DS for balance, too.

5 minutes ago, Winona said:

however, it is not fair for one game to get more content than the other

DS has SW.

DST has ANR.

DS will have hamlet

DST will have forge and others events.

They are different game, sharing a common base, taking different paths.

Just now, Lumina said:

DS has SW.

DST has ANR.

DS will have hamlet

DST will have forge and others events.

They are different game, sharing a common base, taking different paths.

AnR and SW really can't be compared.

AnR is a mini DLC, SW is an absolutely massive dlc.

Same with Hamlet & Forge. One is a LIMITED TIME EVENT, one is a large DLC with it's own world.

SW & Hamlet should be ported to DST at some point, ANR should be ported to DS. Simple as that.

9 minutes ago, Winona said:

AnR and SW really can't be compared.

AnR is a mini DLC, SW is an absolutely massive dlc.

Same with Hamlet & Forge. One is a LIMITED TIME EVENT, one is a large DLC with it's own world.

SW & Hamlet should be ported to DST at some point, ANR should be ported to DS. Simple as that.

ANR was originally thought as a DLC... and the amount of updates do feel like a DLC really...

The devs mentioned that instead of making us waiting they wanted to release ANR content in periodic updates so people will finally got some important additions. And I'm glad they did. It helped a lot specially for bug fixing purposes.

We don't know that much about the forge for now... so everything we say for now is a lot of speculation in the end.

3 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

ANR was originally thought as a DLC... and the amount of updates do feel like a DLC really...

The devs mentioned that instead of making us waiting they wanted to release ANR content in periodic updates so people will finally got some important additions. And I'm glad they did. It helped a lot specially for bug fixing purposes.

We don't know that much about the forge for now... so everything we say for now is a lot of speculation in the end.

ANR doesn't even match the content of RoG, the smallest dlc.

It adds one biome (and calling it that is a stretch. It's one plant & an animal, otherwise identical to the other desert)

It adds zero characters

It adds zero seasons

1 minute ago, Winona said:

Classic "Klei shouldn't do anything, that's what modders are for." approach to the problem. Thank you for your insight.

Yeah, because more content for SW, DS, and DST isn't anything. Thanks for your consideration.

1 minute ago, Lumina said:

Yeah, because more content for SW, DS, and DST isn't anything. Thanks for your consideration.

They should port ANR to DS instead of making the playerbase rift bigger. If you'll be like that, would DST be as good without RoG? I mean, it's a singleplayer dlc.

6 minutes ago, Winona said:

They should port ANR to DS instead of making the playerbase rift bigger. If you'll be like that, would DST be as good without RoG? I mean, it's a singleplayer dlc.

ANR isn't ported because none of that stuff was designed for singleplayer. It's probably not worth development time changing all that stuff to work in DS when they can add unique dlc people will pay money for.

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

ANR isn't ported because none of that stuff was designed for singleplayer. It's probably not worth development time changing all that stuff to work in DS when they can add unique dlc people will pay money for.

Oh yeah man, Beefalo Riding & Fences really only work in Multiplayer.

Antlion is literally SW Volcano. Tell me one thing that wouldn't work in Singleplayer...

3 minutes ago, Winona said:

Oh yeah man, Beefalo Riding & Fences really only work in Multiplayer.

Antlion is literally SW Volcano. Tell me one thing that wouldn't work in Singleplayer...

Ewecus, all raid bosses ever added to DST, various items that involve multiple players, etc. 

Whether it works in singleplayer or not, again they would probably rather work on unique content people will pay for instead of ripping stuff out of the other game.

36 minutes ago, Winona said:

Steam store page, announcement page, screenshots, etc. Rather than a teaser trailer. Teasers mean nothing.

Mixing it with SW won't ruin anything. They don't have a currency in Hamlet, the screenshots show you buy stuff with items. Mixing it with SW would ALLOW a currency of Dubloons.

Obviously you can build a base in Hamlet, it is still Don't Starve, it just has a bigger pig village & new biomes... It's the equivalent of the Shopkeepers concept. Literally identical to it, even.

Look dude.. how about you arguing about things you haven't even tested... meaning the ANR mods for DS.. you go play the game and give them a try first.

1 minute ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Ewecus, all raid bosses ever added to DST, etc. 

Whether it works in singleplayer or not, again they would probably rather work on unique content people will pay for instead of ripping stuff out of other game.

Raid Bosses just need their health lowered, they still work in singleplayer.

People would pay for ANR, just not much, since it doesn't even have the content of RoG. half the price of RoG = Sure.

Ewecus can literally just be nerfed a little & she's easy.

People would pay for ANR, just not much, since it doesn't even have the content of RoG. half the price of RoG = Sure.

They're  most likely not going to prioritize ripping stuff out of the other game when they could make new unique DLC altogether that will be a lot more profitable. 

2 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

They're  most likely not going to prioritize ripping stuff out of the other game when they could make new unique DLC altogether that will be a lot more profitable. 

They're working on a unique DLC atm, believe it or not. ANR is barely any work for them.

The fact is, i can play DS and DST, there is no rift. The more the game become differents, the more i could enjoy each, instead of having the feeling that one game is a worst version of the other.

I'm happy they choose to consider RoG as a part of the core game, and i'm happy they did the same for the caves. DST now has a solid base.

Now, i don't really need Shipwrecked in DST (i would like to see poison, on the other hand. Poison could add a lot of challenge, and well done, could be fun to play with). It's not that i don't want more content, but i'm not that a fan of SW and prefer a content that will more fit DST (personal taste). I don't really need ANR in DS, but could understand that people want it.

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

It's still time and work that can be spent making the DLC better. Again, priorities. They're not going to prioritize ripping stuff out of DST.

How is that prioritising it? It'd take em a day to do it! And that helps fund the Forge & Hamlet, when they so "desperately need money" 

Just now, Winona said:

They're working on a unique DLC atm, believe it or not. ANR is barely any work for them.

Tbh the only hope for DS DLC in DST is modders & the only hope for DST only content in DS is modders too, I suggest you try to learn modding it's hard at first but when you create/port something for yourself it really feels good.

How is that prioritising it? It'd take em a day to do it! And that helps fund the Forge & Hamlet, when they so "desperately need money" 

I highly doubt would take only a day to port all DST updates specifically programmed to work in a multiplayer environment to singleplayer, but if we imagine it somehow did, that's still a day they could have spent working on the DLC. Game development is an organized process, there is not a lot of room to scatter around when you have a focus in mind.

4 minutes ago, Winona said:

well we have found an expert in DS-DST porting boys.. praise the Lord! Cuz you definitely know how much work all these changes need to work properly, right?

OMG, the arrogance!

Archived