[help] While moving the face layer moves over the hair layer.

I'm currently doing the art pass for my character mod and their hair goes over and covers parts of their face. This works fine when the character is standing still or in spriter. But when in game if my character moves the hair layer falls behind the face layer. is there any fix for this or should i just deal with how its is currently?

butwhy.JPG.42462bb564d87e08b1dcf1d0386f6468.JPG

All animations have their own layer thingys & unfortunately that can't be changed unless you edit the anim which I don't think is even possible..

The only thing I can say to fix this would be to make the hair longer like it's covering the full left eye then you just put 1 eye for the character's face :)

2 hours ago, ZupaleX said:

the hairfront should not go behind the face when you move. Are you sure you replaced all the sprites properly in that folder and spriter did not mess up the project?

I have not changed the spriter file at all and all my file paths seem correct. When the head is moving however it doesn't seem to follow. Here is a gif of it in action 

Spriter can mess a project in ways you can't even imagine. That combined with the autocompiler = headaches.

But that's something I've never seen before. Usually it's more a sprite not showing at all or displaying something else entirely.

Did you modify ALL the hair_front with the appropriate sprites? Maybe you should post the entire project that would be easier.

9 minutes ago, ZupaleX said:

Spriter can mess a project in ways you can't even imagine. That combined with the autocompiler = headaches.

But that's something I've never seen before. Usually it's more a sprite not showing at all or displaying something else entirely.

Did you modify ALL the hair_front with the appropriate sprites? Maybe you should post the entire project that would be easier.

There is hair_front 0 which is what I edited and that goes on the facing the screen sprite and then hair_front 1 goes on the sideways sprite so i left that blank I have added the .zip for my current version so you can check there. wisia.zip

wisia.zip

I am puzzled by the fact that the sprite for hairfront is animated in the idle animation but is not for anything else. I cannot think of what could cause this behaviour. Did you look for other thread on the frum from people who used the hairfront symbol successfully? I'm wondering if there is not supposed to be more than 2 sprites and somehow it's just missing when it has been decompiled (not the first time that would happen) and that could create this kind of undefined behaviours..

Edited by ZupaleX

12 minutes ago, ZupaleX said:

I am puzzled by the fact that the sprite for hairfront is animated in the idle animation but is not for anything else. I cannot think of what could cause this behaviour. Did you look for other thread on the frum from people who used the hairfront symbol successfully? I'm wondering if there is not supposed to be more than 2 sprites and somehow it's just missing when it has been decompiled (not the first time that would happen) and that could create this kind of undefined behaviours..

I have not checked other places on this forum yet for this specific problem (i have checked for similar ones) but in the character template files there is no Hair_front file and it seems to have been added in when i compiled my files for the first time.

I am not sure I understand what you mean. The extended character template do have a hairfront folder with 2 sprites in. I'm just wondering if maybe it is missing some.

The symbol is hairfront btw, not hair_front. But your project has it right.

Edited by ZupaleX

18 minutes ago, ZupaleX said:

I am not sure I understand what you mean. The extended character template do have a hairfront folder with 2 sprites in. I'm just wondering if maybe it is missing some.

The symbol is hairfront btw, not hair_front. But your project has it right.

Ohh you're right i just checked the normal esc_template does have it.

Edited by bobmittens

I remembered reading about something similar so I did a bit of a search and it seems like you're not the only one with sync issue when it comes to the hairfront symbol. Unfortunately I did not see anyone getting around it.

Either this symbol is broken with the autocompiler, either the extended character build doesn't have the proper amount of sprites.

1 minute ago, ZupaleX said:

I remembered reading about something similar so I did a bit of a search and it seems like you're not the only one with sync issue when it comes to the hairfront symbol. Unfortunately I did not see anyone getting around it.

Either this symbol is broken with the autocompiler, either the extended character build doesn't have the proper amount of sprites.

Alright, welp maybe one day when its fixed i can do more advanced hair sprites but for now ill just have to do my work around for it. Thank you SO MUCH for all your help allot of people don't stick around and help for this long and it means allot.