Could be an interesting way to get sand :D

Most parrotfish are herbivores,[9] but some species eat a wide variety of microscopic reef organisms. Some species such as the green humphead parrotfish (Bolbometopon muricatum) include coral (polyps) in their diets.[6] Their feeding activity is important for the production and distribution of coral sands in the reef biome, and can prevent algal overgrowth of the reef structure. The teeth grow continuously, replacing material worn away by feeding.[9] Their pharyngeal teeth grind up the coral and coralline algae[13] the fish ingest during feeding. After they digest the edible portions from the rock, they excrete it as sand, helping create small islands and the sandy beaches of the Caribbean. The green humphead parrotfish can produce 90 kg (200 lb) of sand each year.[14] Or, very averagely (as there are so many variables i.e. size/species/location/depth etc.), about 275 g per parrotfish per day. While feeding, parrotfish must be cognizant of predation by one of their main predators, the lemon shark.[15] On Caribbean coral reefs, parrotfish are important consumers of sponges.[16] An indirect effect of parrotfish grazing on sponges is the protection of reef-building corals that would otherwise be overgrown by fast-growing sponge species.[17][18]

the idea is to get the sand in early stages if your primary resources are depleted, of example you can still run one water purifier by feeding parrot-fish. until you find another advanced technological solution.

1 minute ago, Cafecito said:

the idea is to get the sand in early stages if your primary resources are depleted, of example you can still run one water purifier by feeding parrot-fish. until you find another advanced technological solution.

I understand your idea is to get sand. What I don't understand is do you want a single creature that produces sand or are you asking for a underwater biome which includes the parrot fish + shark + sponge + coral + everything else.

no, i am not in charge to asking anything from creators of the game it's just interesting information on how the real life biome (in this case sand making) works and if they find it useful, they will adobe some of it's elements.

Archived