Restart on the same save file?

I have this generated colony with 3 natural gas and 1 steam geyser in the slime biomes right next to each other. However, by the time I found them my stress level is already in distress. I want to start over now that I realized these gold mines.... but the save file has already been rewritten to cycle 30... Is there a way to restart the same file at cycle 1?

No, not at the moment. But most maps have steam and gas geysers, you should be fine starting a new map.

You can use the Save As button in menu to make a copy of the game at any stage, including cycle 1. You can only return to maps you have saved.

1 minute ago, Kasuha said:

No, not at the moment. But most maps have steam and gas geysers, you should be fine starting a new map.

You can use the Save As button in menu to make a copy of the game at any stage, including cycle 1. You can only return to maps you have saved.

Somehow you seem to be replying to almost every posts.... and quite fast as well.... Do you ever sleep? 

Anyway, Thanks for the answer. This colony has 4 geyser on the right side of the base...but I expanded to the left first. Wish I can start over. :(

I never found stres to be a major concern for my colonies. All you need to do is set up one, maybe two massage tables and research decoration early. Decoration is incredibly powerful at reducing dublicant stress levels. The effect of masterpiece picture frames and mediocre statues stacks and the aura behaves similar to that of a lightblub. So I suggest designing your base as open as possible, letting the decoration aura spread everywhere. This also really helps with the oxygen flow in your base. Simply cram art in wherever you have a little bit of free, unused space left and yo should be fine.

If you would like to pick your map, try debug mode. You can see the map before you begin. It's "cheating" but play the game you would like to.

Part of ONI is dying because you cannot reach the resources in time. However, if you're just interested in building the "nicest" base, go for it! DEBUG MODE

I am not sure if this is useful for the situation, or applicable at all as I may have understood it wrongly, but was there not someone who made some application (Onion?) that could get the map seed and then forcefully apply it to the map generation? 

2 hours ago, CodingKitteh said:

It's "cheating"

I believe the correct term is "hacking". You don't cheat anyone in single player game (unless you want to compare/compete with others) but you don't exactly follow how the game was meant to be played either. As long as there's no harm done and it makes the game more fun for you, it's fine.

Thank you all for the replies.

I already overwrote the save file. Too bad but I have to abandon this colony, or do a major clean up of pipes, wires, and buildings. 

I know about the debug mode map reveal thingy, and I like to avoid using any exploits for the best frustrating game play experience. 

One time I even found void tile very close to the starting biome, but I couldn't find any geyser by cycle 60... so I opt to restart. Feels bad..

Archived