is there a way to decompile a .tex file back into it's consitutient .pngs?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how a Don't Starve character mod makes something work, but they don't come in the easy as you please exported art files like DST. Is there a way to de-compile an atlas-01.tex with a build.bin (found in mods/modsname/anim/charname/) back into it's original .png files? I can't figure out how they did the transparency/layering on something and it's driving me insane. the full .tex file is like a sprite sheet and it's not helping me figure out what goes where.

Thanks!

Okie

11 hours ago, Maris said:

Use ktools (krane.exe)

Link please :)?

@Maris Thank you very much :D!!! If I can just ask you some questions!

KleiBuildRenamer is for renaming files like build.bin to the name of the new anim name, right?

Also, how do you use ktools-4.1.2 I got from the link you very kindy gave but when I try to run krane or ktech nothing happens but a small black screen pops up & vanishes immediately?

Also, thank you very much Maris :D!!! 

Edited by SuperDavid

Okay, so I got ktools, and I think they are going to do what I need them to, but i can't find the anim.bin. It should be in the /anim zip folder with the atlas-01.tex and build.bin shouldn't it? I'm guessing somewhere in the mods code it instead manually refers to use animations from a particular character? If I'm right, in what file would I find that?