Sim Constructor

This mod is a tool that allows mod makers to edit engine.lua while maintaining compability.

Later I will make it possible to change other files too. Feel free to leave a suggestion on what files you want to be able to edit.

Update: This mod now comes with Lemonymous's Sequential Mod Loader

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580661011

Here's an example mod that demonstrates how to use it

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580664017

workshop-580661011.zip

Can You add a way to modify client/states/state-something.lua? I tried to add new entries for options like "ALARM TYPES" in state-generation-options.lua (more specifically, append changes to "CUSTOM_OPTIONS" table ) for my Programs Extended mod, but it seems impossible without hardcoding.

Another request if I may. I tried to overwrite "client/hud/hud.lua" functions. It works only on some, don't know why. [ 'local hud = include("hud/hud")' and then overwrite function 'hud:refreshTrackerMusic( hud, stage )' works, but hud:onSimEvent( ev ) does not. ].

EDIT:

You might want to upload Sim Constructor to the forums for gog users.

client/hud/hud:onSimEvent (ev)

elseif ev.eventType == simdefs.EV_ITEMS_PANEL then		if ev.eventData then			if ev.eventData.shopUnit then                local shop_panel = include( "hud/shop_panel" )                if ev.eventData.shopUnit:getTraits().storeType=="research" then               		self:showItemsPanel( shop_panel.research( self, ev.eventData.shopperUnit, ev.eventData.shopUnit, STRINGS.UI.SHOP_RESEARCH, nil,true))				elseif ev.eventData.shopUnit:getTraits().storeType=="server" or ev.eventData.shopUnit:getTraits().storeType=="extraserver" then					self:showItemsPanel( shop_panel.server( self, ev.eventData.shopperUnit, ev.eventData.shopUnit ))				elseif ev.eventData.shopUnit:getTraits().storeType=="miniserver" then					self:showItemsPanel( shop_panel.server( self, ev.eventData.shopperUnit, ev.eventData.shopUnit, STRINGS.UI.SHOP_MINISERVER, true))				else					self:showItemsPanel( shop_panel.shop( self, ev.eventData.shopperUnit, ev.eventData.shopUnit ))				end            else                local items_panel = include( "hud/items_panel" )			    if ev.eventData.targetUnit then				    self:showItemsPanel( items_panel.loot( self, ev.eventData.unit, ev.eventData.targetUnit ))			    else				    self:showItemsPanel( items_panel.pickup( self, ev.eventData.unit, ev.eventData.x, ev.eventData.y ))			    end            end		elseif self._itemsPanel then			self._itemsPanel:refresh()		end

I added new shop variant in ProgramsExtended (sells 4 programs), but what shop menu shows up is dependent on storeType="" variable. This is coded with "if else" and any new non-vanilla shop type will get nanofab window regardless of what it actually sells. I want to add the or ev.eventData.shopUnit:getTraits().storeType=="extraserver" portion of code in line 1823, so my shop displays Shopcat menu.

If it turns out to be too much of a problem, don't bother. I doubt anyone else will need to tweak hud stuff, Klei did great job with the UI.

Regardless, thanks for help mate.

I could really use some help if anyone could spare the time. I've been trying to make a mod that uses the sim constructor + sequential modloader, but the presence of my mod (it doesn't even need to be activated) causes a frozen black screen when hitting "Start Game" after selecting the generation options. When I looked in the log, I found "workshop-580661011/state-generation-options.lua:519: bad arg" as the last line. Does this mean I'm using the Sequential Modloading part wrong or is it something else?

I've attached the full log.

invisibleinc.txt

Archived