More Crockpot Recipes

Much as I usually rely on good old monster meatballs, I'd be interested to see new ideas from the Crockpot.

One idea:

Soup Stone

(Requires 10 Rocks, 1 Honey, 4 Ashes, Alchemy Machine Tier)

Can be added as filler to a Crock Pot, putting nothing towards any recipe requirements pops out unused when the food is collected.

If more than two Soup Stones are used in a crock pot, produces Stone Soup, which provides no benefits. Characters will comment that it's "watery" or "not all it's cracked up to be."

All the below damage health/sanity when eaten, similar to Monster Meat

New Vegetable:

Root of Evil

Has a small chance to grow from seeds. A black root vegetable (somewhat resembling the metal potato thing) with lots of sharp-looking sprouts. Characters will often make references to it's eyes following them around.

Becomes Baked Root when cooked. At least it stops staring at you.

New Crockpot Recipies:

Monster Lasagne

Revised recipe, now anything with an over-loading of monster food (IE: More than one monster food item) but with a meaty Majority will become Monster Lasagne. (So Durian, Root of Evil, Meat, Meat would produce Lasagne.)

Monster Mash

Created from recipes containing more than one monster food with mostly vegetable ingredients.

A pile of lumpy looking mash with black potato skin flecks in it.

Fruit Tartarus

Made from more than one monster food and mostly fruit ingredients.

A Lattice Tart with black filling. Behind the strips of pastry, sinister eyes can be seen glaring out.

Devilled Eggs

Made from more than one monster food and mostly egg ingredients.

Looks like half a boiled egg, with a black paste occupying the yolk's cavity.

Nightmare fuel huh?

Kitchen Nightmare

Made from any failed recipe involving Nightmare Fuel.

Much like Wet Goop, it doesn't restore hunger or health. Instead it causes a -50 loss of sanity.

Appears as a plate with a smear of night black on it in the shape of the Nightmare Fuel icon.

Scream Cheese

Made from nightmare fuel and one dairy item. (Butter/Electric Milk)

Restores hunger and health. If eaten during Dusk it will cause Nightmare Mode to activate for one in-game hour upon nightfall or when the character wakes up.

Appears as a wedge of Swiss Cheese with a terrified face formed in the deep black holes.

Beefalo Wings

2 Gobbler Drumsticks, 1 Sweetener (Honey/Honeycomb)

Delicious Glazed Chicken Wings.

Many characters will comment that they didn't know Beefalo had wings.

Maxwell will express disdain for people who make jokes about Beefalo having wings.

Hot Wings

2 Bastilisk Wings, 1 Sweetener

Basically the same as Beefalo wings, but with a different graphic.

Koalaloni

1 Koalaphant Trunk (Winter or regular)

Koalaphant Trunk stuffed with whatever else you put in.

Slightly better than regular cooked Koalaphant trunk.

One Idea I've just had and maybe wanted to float around is Prestihatitator tier magic item to make Dairy items, though it may be a bit dark for DS:

Frankengoat

4 Volt Goat Horns, 6 Meat, 4 Boards

Produces a large sewn-together green Volt Goat with very large horns. strapped to a table.

Similar to a lightning rod, it will attract and absorb lightning strikes while the player is around. this will cause the Frankengoat to convulse and drop some Galvanised Milk.

Each time it is stuck by lightning there is a 5% chance that the Frankengoat will break free (Breaking the table into 2 Boards) and begin to rampage around, attacking everything around it. Compared to a normal charged Volt Goat, it is slightly faster, hits twice as hard and has three times the health and comes with an insanity aura. Drops 6 Monster Meat, 2 Volt Goat Horns and 1 Galvanised Milk upon death.

Galvanised Milk

Similar to Electric Milk, but green and the bottle has small bolts sticking out of the neck. Considered Monster Food, damages health and sanity.

Wilson will note that he doesn't have to worry about it rusting.

A few pretty sweet ideas.

Dark Chocolate Tree

A short and wide tree growing in the deep ruins with a bone white trunk, black leaves and purple seed pods. Cannot be chopped down (Woodie notes the wood is too brittle to be much use) but can be repeatedly harvested like a berry bush.

Withers in winter (Even in the depths) despite being an evergreen.

Can be dug up and planted elsewhere like a berry bush but will burst into flames in sunlight.

(Maxwell will note that they only thrive in due to the nightmare fuel that suffuses the ruins.)

Cocoa Seed Pod

A dark purple seed pod containing the beans of the tree, can be eaten but is a bit poisonous.

Like a Birchnut Seed, can't be used in Crockpot until it's cooked over a fire:

Dark Roast Cocoa

Black beans, now free of their pod. Restores a little less hunger than the full pod but causes less health damage.

Both raw and cooked, these are considered Monster food.

Recipies:

Hot Chocolate

1x Cocoa Beans, 1x Dairy Item, No Ice

A cup of milky chocolate drink.

Good for sanity, warms the drinker.

Frosty Chocolate Milkshake

1x Cocoa Beans, 1x Dairy Item, 1x Ice

Comes in a glass with a straw.

Good for sanity, cools the drinker

Tejate

1x Cocoa Beans, 1x Corn

A foamy Mexican Drink.

Good for Sanity, does not warm or cool the drinker.

Poblano Mole

1x Cocoa Beans, 1x Live Moleworm, 1x Gobbler Drumstick

Very satisfying but time intensive. Heatlh/Sanity/Hunger boosts on par with Turkey Dinner

Death By Chocolate

2x Cocoa Beans

A decadent looking sinister chocolate cake with a skull shaped icing garnish.

Technically not monster food (So Webber is not immune) but damaging to eat.

Restores a little hunger and 50 Sanity at the cost of 100 health.

(Maxwell will note that there are worse ways to go.

Death By Chocolate

2x Cocoa Beans

A decadent looking sinister chocolate cake with a skull shaped icing garnish.

Technically not monster food (So Webber is not immune) but damaging to eat.

Restores a little hunger and 50 Sanity at the cost of 100 health.

(Maxwell will note that there are worse ways to go.

Death by Chocolate is technically a copyrighted name, which probably won't matter for a mod, but here's an alternative...

My Fatal Valentine

2x Cocoa Beans

Either:

-A chocolate heart, with an arrow through it. Something black is oozing from the wound.

-An open heart shaped box of chocolates, with something oozing over the edge.

Wickerbottom will note that the iconic heart shape possibly resembles the herb Siphium.

For the latter design, at lease one person will reference that famous line from Forrest Gump. Probably mockingly.

Slight bump, I am very interested in these recipes and with your permission I would love to include them into my mod, I have never animated a new creature before, but I can try for the goat. I am interested in all of these, they are all great!

One off idea, though I might see if I can think of some more ideas for Glommer Goop.

Fairy Floss

1x Glommer Goop, 1x Sweetener, 1x Stick (No meat or fish, if that'd create Kabobs or Fishsticks.

A delightful pink spun sugar treat on a stick.

No Health or Hunger (It's just empty calories) but +20 Sanity.

Characters will variously refer to it as Fairy Floss, Candy Floss or Cotton Candy depending on their nationality.

Wendy will note this floss isn't good for your teeth.

I want me some black bird pie!

3 crows plus an egg, I mean if you trap and kill a bird you should also have the chance of getting bird meat specifically.   Also the ability to grow wheat or rice would be nice to add to new meals. 

Scream Cheese

Just to make it simpler, I think the aforementioned should just be the dairy version of monster food. (So, 1 Milk, 1 Butter, 1 Durian, 1 Monster meat gives you a Scream Cheese.)

Steaksicle

2 Meat, 1 Stick, 1 Ice

A cooked steak frozen in a chunk of ice.

30 Hunger, no sanity, but offers a little cooling.

Most characters will question why on earth anyone would want this, aside from Wigfrid who will delight at this "Frozen Feast!"

(Considered making 1 Meat version for a "Meat Popsicle" but... yeah.)

Gazpacho Soup

3x Vegetables, 1 Ice

A little less nourishing than Ratatouille, but offers a little chilling.

Maybe someone could figure out a Red Dwarf reference from this, I dunno. 

These are creatively imaginative!

Soup Stone

Was this inspired by that story about a drifter and some selfish people who were tricked to making soup with stone and making them realize that they had actually made soup with their respective ingredients and the "stone" was just to lure them into cooperating?

(had t summarize it)

:D

O__O

An idea I've been kicking around would be to make Spider Eggs the Monster Food entry for eggs. Since they're a challenge to get hold of (and not 100% renewable) perhaps they should count for 2 Eggs? (Just as the Tallbird Egg counts for 4.)

Also while I'm posting here again:

Grenouille Roast

2 Frogs Legs, 1x Meat

Almost as good as a turkey dinner, but it's green.

@SapphireBullets, some of your recipes are really interesting, would you mind if I include some of those in the mod "Creeps in the Deeps" ? I'd love to see more recipe which would involve fish. More than that have a request... we are going to add sponges also as an edible item maybe, what can you with your inventive mind propose as crockpot recipes involving these ?!?!!

Surf And Turf
2 Meat, 1 Fish, 0.5 Vegetable.
Equivalent restorative powers to Honey Ham.
Steak and grilled fish on a bed of greens.

Gazpacho Soup
3x Vegetables, 1 Ice
A little less nourishing than Ratatouille, but offers a little chilling.
Maybe someone could figure out a Red Dwarf reference from this, I dunno.

Archived