Update 126042 - 2/6/2015

Changes 
  • You can now join locally-hosted online dedicated servers through the LAN browser.
  • Added chat_log.txt for logging announcement and chat messages.
  • Added dedicated server world gen overrides. Settings are read out of worldgenoverride.lua in the Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether folder. An example of this is:

return {

override_enabled = true,

misc = { season="shortboth", world_size="huge", season_start="summer" },

resources = { flint="never", grass="never", sapling="never", trees="never" }

}

Details are in http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Don%E2%80%99t_Starve_Together_Dedicated_Servers#Customizing_the_World_Map

• modoverride.lua files renamed/merged in to modoverrides.lua and moved to the configuration directory to allow multiple servers to run from the same installation with different mod setups. An example of this is:
return {
the_hunt = {
enabled = true,
configuration_options =
{
hunt_time = 6,
}
},
["workshop-350811795"] = { enabled = true }
}

• Mods are now allowed to be specified by the Steam Workshop ID in modoverrides.lua and modsettings.lua.
  • Renamed servermods.lua to dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua.
  • Added “-console” command line argument for dedicated servers, allows users to input lua commands directly from the application window.
  • Added “-persistent_storage_root <AltPersistentStorageRoot>” command line argument for setting the root directory of persistent storage.   E.g. on Windows this defaults to your user documents folder / klei.
  • adminlist.txt and blocklist.txt now also functions in offline mode.
  • Enabled in game profiler to gain better insight in performance under load.
  • Early/Late season in server details threshold is now 5 days (was 3).
  • Set default tick rate to 15 on all platforms.
  • Added disconnect dialog for the case where a server is running a hidden mod and the user is unable to download it.

Bug Fixes
  • Player numbering on scoreboard now counts from 0 on dedicated servers.
  • World day on the scoreboard now updates while the screen is open.
  • Beefalo herds stop growing after a certain density has been reached.
  • Added < and > into the list of valid console characters.
  • Unnamed sounds can now be re-mapped via TheSim:RemapSoundEvent.
  • Fixed scroll lists from getting stuck on an empty page when the list shrinks to less than the viewable size.
  • Fixed server listing details deserialization bug.
  • Dedicated servers now disable all mods on boot so that previously enabled mods don't linger and stay enabled.
  • Fixed bug in adminlist.txt, blocklist.txt and server_token.txt where the last entry was not processed correctly.

• Developer

Just to add some clarity to the changes to modoverrides.lua

return {  the_hunt = {      --This is the mod name (in most of your cases this line should read ["workshop-xxxxxxxx"]    enabled = true,    configuration_options =  --configuration_options are on a per mod basis, not global    {      hunt_time = 6,         --key,value pairs for options that the mod expects    }  },  ["workshop-350811795"] = { enabled = true } --this is the typical line you'll see for enabling a mod that has been installed from the Steam Workshop. You can also use ["350811795"]}

so I'd expect a typical file to look like

return {  ["workshop-350811795"] = { enabled = true },  ["workshop-387028143"] = { enabled = true },  ["workshop-336882447"] = { enabled = true },  ["workshop-361336115"] = { enabled = true,    configuration_options =    {        hunt_time = 6,    }  },  ["workshop-336882447"] = { enabled = true }}
edit: formatting...

I have a question about the ice staff... why doesn't it freeze enemies anymore?

O___O

Also, I know the bat isn't implemented yet, so I spawn them from time to time... their circling animation just makes them look like they're gliding - their wings aren't flapping when circling a target...

I have a question about configuring mods...

I've seen that mods that are configured are saved to mod_config_data in the DST directory, and I've copy-pasted it to the same folder in the server configuration directory. Will it work? Or do I have to do the complex lua version of configuring?

• modoverride.lua files renamed/merged in to modoverrides.lua and moved to the configuration directory to allow multiple servers to run from the same installation with different mod setups.

Sorry to dig this, but this is related to having multiple servers on the same machine.

What happens when you upgrade a mod while one of the dedicated servers is running?

May the running server become instable? If so, that means that all servers need to be stopped before upgrading mods (as all servers share the same game path, based on the wiki tutorial).

Or does each server containes a "compiled" version of all mods and so it doesn't care about the mod files being modified?

Archived