[General] - Rejoining server makes me respawn

Mysanthil

Bug Submission:

Category: General
Issue Title: Rejoining server makes me respawn
Issue Description: On one server only (so far), I've rejoined multiple times and was brought to the character select screen each time. First few times, I was a ghost and rejoined alive (at the spawn spot with 2 papyrus since I was playing Wickerbottom). Once, I was alive and respawned as well (lost all my items). Each time, I only AFK'd for a few minutes. The host had a twitch stream running and didn't close the server while I left.

On respawn, I always choose the same character. This might be why I always kept the map I previously explored.

This has never happened before. I have rejoined other servers as a ghost and alive just fine. My only guess is that this was a UK server and I'm in the US.

Edit: Host's characters and his client's characters don't save. His world does save.

Steps to Reproduce: Maybe rejoining on a cross-continent server? Edit: I don't think this is the problem, I have tried another Europe server and saved fine.

Geeky_Greeky's server. His server name is his twitch channel (www.twitch.tv/geeky_greeky). This bug only happened yesterday and he has started a new server since then. I'll see if it happens again later today, if he's around (or someone else can try?).

Edit: Geek_Greeky does tells me he has this problem himself - he hosts and his own characters won't save. I rejoined his new server tonight with every character and none saved.

This has been an ongoing problem for me as well. After lagging for long periods of time, I'll disconnect from a server and join it again, only to be brought back to the character selection screen. The map will be just as I left it, however, all of my inventory is gone.

It's only been occurring for one server for me. Maybe joining cross-continent servers IS the problem but there's no way for me to know for sure.

Geeky_Greeky's server. His server name is his twitch channel (www.twitch.tv/geeky_greeky). This bug only happened yesterday and he has started a new server since then. I'll see if it happens again later today, if he's around (or someone else can try?).

Edit: Geek_Greeky does tells me he has this problem himself - he hosts and his own characters won't save. I rejoined his new server tonight with every character and none saved.

Do his worlds save? But that makes more sense. If his own characters don't save, then none of the characters would be getting saved, I think. That could either be because character serialization isn't working properly for him for some reason, or because it doesn't have permission to write to the save folder (Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/saves), I think. This isn't a part of the game I'm familiar with, though, since it's mostly handled by the C++ code.

He said his world saved at first, but he's been having trouble with that too, so maybe not anymore. I don't think it's only cross-continent, I tried a different Europe server (Sweden I think) and was fine. Maybe he needs to reinstall DST somewhere else? I'll suggest it.

I also have the same issue. I create a game move my character 50-100 feet pick up a few things. Disconnect from server and then reconnect back and asks me to choose my character again. Pick the same character and my map is reset and all my stuff is gone. I can not play at all as 0 of my map information is saved preventing me from continuing where I left off. :(

Log.txt file is attached

log.txt

• Developer

Hi @Mysanthil, @kenni0091, @TantumTenebris, @SlntHntr27,

Could I ask you to open settings.ini in the same directory (with notepad or something like that) and tell me what it says for

[sTEAM]

DISABLECLOUD = <what does it say here>

Is it there at all, and if so, what does it say for <what does it say here>?

Thanks,
Kaj

Hi @Mysanthil, @kenni0091, @TantumTenebris, @SlntHntr27,

Could I ask you to open settings.ini in the same directory (with notepad or something like that) and tell me what it says for

[sTEAM]

DISABLECLOUD = <what does it say here>

Is it there at all, and if so, what does it say for <what does it say here>?

Thanks,
Kaj

It is listed in the settings.ini file and it is set to false

Archived