Hotfix Patch Notes - June 24, 2014

• Developer

Hey folks. Quick hotfix today for a few bugs that have been reported recently. Notably, the crash that a number of people have been experiencing when using certain world customization settings has been fixed. Steam is getting set live now and standalone is building and will be out in the next couple hours.

Hotfix Rev 104670

- Fix the prototyping hints on recipes for Wickerbottom.

- Fix crash that would occur immediately after world gen when using a custom preset (crash in colourcubemanager.lua).

- Fix the merm attack timing.

- Torch will no longer burn at an increased rate if standing under a tree while it is raining.

• Developer

Though what are the prototyping hints?

It's the text that shows at the bottom of a recipe detail popup. Specifically, it shows when you don't have the tech level for that recipe yet: there is some text that tells you what machine you need.

Hey, I hate to sound stupid, but will the stand-alone version auto-update, or do I need to re-download from somewhere?

I have to use the stand-alone version now, because apparently Steam doesn't like me running Don't Starve.

Archived