New Boss, (Some References in this Thread...)

I'm Rereading the "Lord of the Flies", (GREAT BOOK,) and I loved the Pig Head, (Aka The Lord of Flies,) and I thought, "Hey there are references to Lord of the flies in Don't Starve, so why not have a Epic boss fight?" Ladies, and Gentlemen I present to you,  The Duke Of Flies (Reference to the Book, and a good game "The Binding Of Issac.") It is a Giant Fly/Mosquito/Insect Boss, and has a unique fighting style (it also flies.) Also, this boss also causes Quick rot if you have food, and get hit by one of the Mosquito's, or The Duke Of Flies Attacks. It summons Mosquito's at the player. These are not Normal Mosquito's we are used to seeing, these are Large, Hairy, and DEADLY Mosquito's. The Mosquito's do 16 damage, they have 210 Health, and 3 spawn at a time. The Duke of Flies is also quite hairy, and does some damage. It's fighting style is, it charges at the player, then Vomits a Wave of Flies at the player, knocks the player back (if your TRYING to do a kite style attack pattern,) then coughs up 3 Mosquito's. It can also suck your Blood to regain health. It does 42, 35, 57, and 12 damage, has 2950 Health, and its Defends against 5 o/o Percent against attacks.

This boss MUST be summoned, and it must be done during a full moon. He is summoned by crafting a new item, (or by using a ham-bat or something like that,) the Pig Head. This item must be used on a Touch Stone on a Full Moon, Surrounded by the 4 Pig Heads on sticks. After this happens, a Shadowy Head (looking like the Don't Starve Shadowy Logo on the tittle screen,) Smiles, and then Spits out The Duke Of Flies. I Don't Know what it would drop, but I think it would be a epic Boss Fight!

Notes: This boss fight is nothing like the boss from The Binding Of Issac. Only the NAME is a reference.

And, IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY ON MAY 11!

Q:What if you don't bring food with you?

A:then none rots, unless, you have food dropped on the ground. This helps prevent Healing from foods.

Q:Isn't it a mirrored Dragon Fly?

A:Yes, but mostly no. It does not spit lava, nor stomps on the ground. It only sucks your blood for health.

Floating around, spitting flies and mosquitoes... That's pretty much the same. More than a reference. Besides, how in any way is it fitting with Don't Starve?

No it FLIES, it does not float. And if there is a Reference about the Pig Head in Don't Starve, why cant there be more? Also, this boss also causes INSTANT rot if you have food.

No it FLIES, it does not float. And if there is a Reference about the Pig Head in Don't Starve, why cant there be more? Also, this boss also causes INSTANT rot if you have food.

Floating and flying are essentially the same in this. Please tell me how they would be any different in a practical sense. Also, a character quote being a reference is slightly different from an entire boss pretty much stolen. Adding instant rotting to it doesn't make it any less identical to BoI's Duke.

Floating and flying are essentially the same in this. Please tell me how they would be any different in a practical sense. Also, a character quote being a reference is slightly different from an entire boss pretty much stolen. Adding instant rotting to it doesn't make it any less identical to BoI's Duke.

Ok, i have played The Binding Of Issac for 113 Hours, and it is not a Flying, Mosquito, Insect thing, with a GIANT needle for a mouth, and MY BOSS HAS EYES!!!

Ok, i have played The Binding Of Issac for 113 Hours, and it is not a Flying, Mosquito, Insect thing, with a GIANT needle for a mouth, and MY BOSS HAS EYES!!!

Still the concept is still pretty much the same, we already have a bug themed boss anyway.

Congratulations. I've played for 122 hours and you are literally just changing small things. The fact that it spawns flies and mosquitoes in a similar fashion to the Duke, as well as being a flying boss monster itself is similar enough to be more than a reference. Even then, the name reference doesn't make sense, nor does it fit in the Don't Starve world, in which all other bosses are pretty unique,

Congratulations. I've played for 122 hours and you are literally just changing small things. The fact that it spawns flies and mosquitoes in a similar fashion to the Duke, as well as being a flying boss monster itself is similar enough to be more than a reference. Even then, the name reference doesn't make sense, nor does it fit in the Don't Starve world, in which all other bosses are pretty unique,

Ok, What do you LIKE ABOUT THIS BOSS?!?

Poor Kapamikey gets no love for his suggestion ):

Thank you for noticing!

Ok, What do you LIKE ABOUT THIS BOSS?!?

I like that it is a boss that only occurs on full moon and I also like the way that it presents a threat to your hunger without being the same as the slurper.

I like that it is a boss that only occurs on full moon and I also like the way that it presents a threat to your hunger without being the same as the slurper.

Thank you! This idea can be Modified by Klei, I Don't Care, But I like my ideas. Also check out my Giant Ideas here http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35345-giant-ideas/

I don't think the Lord of the Flies is the only literary piece that is referenced in Don't Starve. I don't understand, why would you want a boss based off this specific book? It would make more sense if the Pig Head started chanting when the player's sanity goes down.

I don't think the Lord of the Flies is the only literary piece that is referenced in Don't Starve. I don't understand, why would you want a boss based off this specific book? It would make more sense if the Pig Head started chanting when the player's sanity goes down.

Well, that could happen first... And then The Duke Of Flies would spawn.

Archived