Recipes specific to endothermic fires

Bringing this idea over from the wiki.  It makes sense that you can't cook over an endothermic fire, but perhaps it could be used to make cold treats.  Just add a way to obtain milk from some creature or creatures, then allow that to be "cooked" over an endothermic fire to create ice cream.  It would spoil pretty quickly, but provide a small amount of cooling when eaten.

Goat milk sounds like a good use for Volt Goats.   

That was my first thought for the source of milk.

I think it should be used to freeze food, like the ice box but make it last a LOT longer but it won't restore as much health,sanity or hunger. So you get the trade off of getting food the lasts ages but doesn't give you as much 

I think anything more than the ice box would be too much.  We don't want them making Reign of Giants as easy as the vanilla game.

I think it should be used to freeze food, like the ice box but make it last a LOT longer but it won't restore as much health,sanity or hunger. So you get the trade off of getting food the lasts ages but doesn't give you as much 

Actually when I was checking the files, it looks like they will have the freezing of foods.  These entries were found in the tuning.lua (the notes after the entries were also in the files):

PERISH_COLD_FROZEN_MULT = 0, -- frozen things don't spoil in an ice box or if it's cold out

PERISH_FROZEN_FIRE_MULT = 30, -- frozen things spoil very quickly if near a fire

That calms me down heuh 

Actually I may have misunderstood the question.  Did you mean do plants get burned down by the endothermic fire, or do you mean does the endothermic fire protect plants from catching fire?  The endothermic fire won't burn plants, but I don't know if it protects them from heat.

Archived