I got an idea for an event that might spice things up if you're in late-game.

A fissure will appear in the ground, the opening blocked by some strange material(crystallized nightmare fuel, that had been seeping up through the ruins). Upon breaking the crystallized material with a pick, you get 1-4 nightmare fuel, but something bad will likely happen.

-25% chance of a damaged clockwork rook spawning

-50% chance of two Nightmarebeaks spawning

-33% chance of FOUR Nightmarebeaks spawning

-5% chance of nothing happening :3

-If the fissure spawns near trees, there will be a 15% chance of all trees onscreen that haven't been chopped down turning into Treeguards.

-Also, it reduces your sanity by 25% of your maximum. Has a small negative sanity aura also.

-And a short while after the crystal is broken, the fissure will vanish.

In order for this to happen, some prerequisites must be met.

1. Over 100 days in
  2. Gone down to the caves at least once
  3. there are at least 4 evil flowers in the world
  4. There has not been a crystal spawn within the last 10 days

Spawn rules would work much like the lureplant, basically. Except there's no item to replant it.

Here's a couple quotes I whipped up:

Wilson: What a strange crystal.

Maxwell: The fuel has crystallized.

Wendy: The crystal speaks truths to my empty soul.

Wilson(After breaking the crystal): That wasn't a good idea!

Maxwell: They won't approve of this!

Wendy: The evil below is aggravated.

It would be interesting if, instead the player having visited caves as a requirement, the player building a shadow manipulator was a requirement for the fissure to spawn. I mean, the shadow manipulator seems to get described as dangerous by the characters, but, in game, no bad can come from building it, currently.

It would be interesting if, instead the player having visited caves as a requirement, the player building a shadow manipulator was a requirement for the fissure to spawn. I mean, the shadow manipulator seems to get described as dangerous by the characters, but, in game, no bad can come from building it, currently.

OOOOHHH. I like it. Perhaps, when something is prototyped in the Shadow Manipulator, a fissure spawns somewhere?

i like any idea that adds a bit of spice to the game!

i also *ahem* approve of the fissures opening on the overworld every now and then

for both ideas, if it was a setting we could alter in the world setup mode or a mod to turn on/off it would be great fun

also, the idea of the shadow manipulator being a prerequisite is perfect, nice call

Archived