CE-34878-0 Crash

Mj-
  • Fixed

Hey there,

I got crash everytime I leave and re-join my world with error named (CE-34878-0)!! this error been happened to me the last two weeks

The only way to bypass this crash is to rollback few days back! but today I rollback to all days without allowing my to enter my world!!!!!  i'm at 1050-ish days and i can't access my world now!!! and this is really annoying and frustrating to reollback every every every time and lose every progress i have made!

My only choice is to backup my old save which is day 1012-ish, yet again solving nothing, because still this error keeps happening to me every time i quit the game.

Steps to Reproduce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdwAvKH0L-k

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

UPDATE:

I can't rollback within the game, every time I rollback the server disconnected and returned me to the main menu.

Share this comment

So after many many time having this crash, and lost many hours of hours of gameplay,

I decided to test why, when, and how this crash happen, so I back-up my old save and I come to conclusion.

1- I was told that my world contain a lot of items next to each other, so I re-work all my base and half of my map. (Nothing Change)

2- I was told that Beefalo will continuously breed, so I killed all my beefalo herd except one! (Nothing Change)

3- I was told that Bee Boxes might cause this, so I moved all my bee boxes to cave and limit them to 6. ( Nothing Change)

4- I was told pig houses and bunny might cause this as well, so I destroyed most of the houses. (Nothing Change)

I re-work most of biomes turfs to Checkerboard Flooring just to reduce trees growth and still nothing will change and the crash will occur on certain time, but what I notice is that it only happened during Spring and some time on Autumn! and only happen during startup or roll-back.

what I found out is not spring nor Autumn is the problem! it's freaking (RAAAAAIN)!!!!! when it's pouring rain somehow this crash happen when you quit the game or rollback! I test this many time and always work! I always get the error when I quit during rain on Spring or late Autumn!

so I rest my case Klei.. I gave you the result of when and why.. all I ask is to find out how to fix this! if you want me to record how it's occur I'm more than happy to do it. but i know you have full report submitted from me when this happens and sorry for that by the way!

here will be my last post to this bug. I hope from my heart that i didn't cause hassle for you guys 

@JanH @CharlesB @JoeW  @PeterA

Edited by mzajy

Share this comment

33 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Can you post your save file? It could be useful in tracking down what's going wrong.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/70105-dont-starve-together-console-edition-faq-ps4/#how-can-i-send-my-save-file

I have a working save? you want that? because what I learned, I never quit during rain or during whole spring just to be on the safe side.

but I could cause the crash to happen if you want a damage save file. I'm willing to do that for you sir.

Edited by mzajy

Share this comment

3 hours ago, CharlesB said:

It would be ideal if you could make it crashy before uploading it.
Have a safe backup first though :)

Here is the file sir.. late Autumn I think! when start raining I quit and restart the world and it crash.. didn't submit the error though.. I don't want to full your error page with my annoying bug :) 

after upload the damage save file.. I just want to double check my point, so I rollback one day before its start raining.. and voila rollback work fine and I can join my world without kicking me out with blue crash screen!

PS4.rar

Share this comment

Hey @CharlesB

I just found another bug?! my world reset to day 1 and when I join I got the crash, and when i'm trying to rollback all the days shown as "????".

Is this new bug? :(

Share this comment

So what happen here, I was going to the caves to spend my summer there.. but it was raining before I went down! so maybe that what cause this? I though I was safe to quit down there even if it was raining on the surface :(

@CharlesB

unfortunately I stopped backing-up my save after I upload you the damage one and it was day 1837 I think :( I thought I knew what was the problem here so I wasn't planning to back-up so early.. even tho I was telling my self to never quit during spring or any time it was raining.. but I was so sleepy.. ugh I feel so disappointed.

DZTr__9W4AIz67q.jpg

DZTr9vjX4AAaKxL.jpg

DZTr7OJW4AALZYP.jpg large.jpg

Edited by mzajy

Share this comment

On 3/27/2018 at 7:20 PM, mzajy said:

So what happen here, I was going to the caves to spend my summer there.. but it was raining before I went down! so maybe that what cause this? I though I was safe to quit down there even if it was raining on the surface :(

I can confirm this.. I did it for sake of test.. and it cause the save to crash.

Test1- What I did is went to cave when it was raining out, quit-rejoin-crash! I did it again but I waited to start new day so the game save on caves and stayed there 3 days when I quit, all the days shown as (????) days, even that the caves wasn't raining. 

Test2- I went to the caves when it was raining out, stayed until the rain stopped and went out waited the new day so the game save, quit-rejoin-game work fine! but all the days on cave and before shown as (????) days.

so apparently when it rain on the surface it mess with cave save even if it's not raining underground.

@CharlesB

Share this comment

For some reason when I unpack your most recent save it shows up as corrupted on my kit. Fortunately I'm able to load up your previous save from back in October. After a rollback it also starts raining within a day in that world, and would have caused the crash on load.

Yes, that's "would have". Not anymore :) 

Worlds that are crashing still need to be rolled back a day or two to a non-crashing state, but after that saving'loading shouldn't have any more problems. I hope to have this out in a patch fairly soon.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, CharlesB said:

For some reason when I unpack your most recent save it shows up as corrupted on my kit. Fortunately I'm able to load up your previous save from back in October. After a rollback it also starts raining within a day in that world, and would have caused the crash on load.

Yes, that's "would have". Not anymore :) 

Worlds that are crashing still need to be rolled back a day or two to a non-crashing state, but after that saving'loading shouldn't have any more problems. I hope to have this out in a patch fairly soon.

Thank you thank you thank you... my HERO!

I've been playing super carefully during rain these days. but not anymore I hope. but please pardon me, I didn't get the last part..

so do we need to roll back a day to fix this? because I did this one time, it was like day something and then it's start raining a couple of days so I needed to roll back, I couldn't roll back during the days of rain, expect that day, but didn't fix it! still the question mark appears on the rainy days.

OR this will be automatically fixed on the next patch?

Thanks again sir Charles

Share this comment

The problem was really in saving, not loading. After the patch this saving issue will be fixed.

The game crashes because it is trying to load "broken" save data. The rollbacks for the days with the question marks are most likely broken. You need to be able to roll back to a day that loads correctly, otherwise the world is unfortunately unsalvageable.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

The problem was really in saving, not loading. After the patch this saving issue will be fixed.

The game crashes because it is trying to load "broken" save data. The rollbacks for the days with the question marks are most likely broken. You need to be able to roll back to a day that loads correctly, otherwise the world is unfortunately unsalvageable.

You made my day <3

I can't thank you enough..

Share this comment