Cave entrance ( sinkhole) closed and server not available bug

diego_arabian
  • Fixed

Hello friends ,

i got exited about this update and started to play with a friend of mine and we discovered that the sinkhole for the cave are closed we had to reconnect to the server every time we go to the caves. And second was get us out of the server and it says that the server not available! I tried three times in a row but still says the server not available and can’t play i hope you guys can fix this asap :( 

8CA6BBEF-3647-4607-AA0A-7FE35145E252.jpeg

Update: 

i tried to go into caves with a friend of mine, we wanted to kill ancient boss so badly we’v Been preparing for this fight almost two weeks and found a way to go in caves without having the server crash I simply got my screen split and got my second account logged in and let the second character stand idly on base while me and my online friend wend through the ruins, but it was a bit difficult to get the the second character safe there with rain and dark and hounds attack but it was worth it. 

Thats the only way I discover it will be fine till the next update which I hop it will be very soon love playing this game :)

Steps to Reproduce
I wasn’t doing anything unexpected, just doing something on base and message showed up syas server not available. And the sinkhole bug not really sure if it’s a bug when i play I can’t get in caves i have to disconnect and reconnect again so i can get sinkhole to be opend again

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have the same problem for PS4 since the 1.22 (Winona) update. I am hosting a public server but am playing solo with a password. I was on day 800 when frog rain came so i grab a bunch of food to take under ground and make pierogi in my under ground base for shodow piece fight n the caves r blocked up with vines. I can only inspect, i can not enter the caves. (It is temporarily fixed by closing the server at location of sinkhole, then relaunching server) I hav seen these "vines" in caves blocking the use of stair cases to get to the surface ONLY when I roll back a server. 

Also once inside the caves the server will be shut down as illustrated by diego_arabian screenshot above, after 2 or 3 mins.

Please fix, thanks.
BIG_iron2

Share this comment

I'm having the exact same issue! Caves close after a period of time with vines. Also the game crashes if I am in the caves for a period of time.

Share this comment

Hi Guys. We're aware of the issue and are currently looking into it. It would be helpful if I could get your save files since I haven't yet been able to reproduce the problem.  Instructions on getting your save from your PS4 are in the FAQ linked below. Attach the zipped files to this thread and I'll take a look at them.

Be sure to compress and send the entire "PS4" folder on your USB device, not just the file called "SAVE"

Share this comment

Thanks CharlesB.

Its great to kno the problem has been recognised. I will try n send my save file, but i need to buy a usb stick first. The problem should b very easy to replicate. Apparently the problem doesnt exist for public servers. (I haven't confirmed this) The problem occurs on hosted worlds. All you need to to do is open a sinkhole and stand there a few mins, and eventually it will get blocked with vines and be inaccessible. I would b surprised if after 2 days of standing at the sinkhole u didn't experience this glitch. 

Also the similar or related bug is entering a sinkhole. After entering the sinkhole u will only last a few mins in the caves before the server will shut down.

Thanks.

BIG_iron2

Share this comment

By Stonyplv 

Here's my save data, hope it can help. Winona is great, but it definitely is a drag not being able to get into the caves, me and my wife play everyday, and have been eagerly awaiting anything we can get on the ps4, since we don't have DST on the pc. :(

We definitely saw a correlation with the launch of the Forge, which we don't get to play, yet.

Thanks for the hard work and the great game, though. 

P.S. Is there any way for PS4 players to utilize the Redeem Code option in the game, since we don't have CD keys? I bought mine off the PS Store. Thanks in advance.

ps4_savedata.zip

Share this comment

@CharlesB

I hope this is the file you requested (attached).

Thanks to you and your fellow dev's for your dedication and support to us ravenous DST fans, 

- B

PS4.zip

Edited by BlisteredSCAB
Put in tag

Share this comment

I also have the same problem. Cave access restricted and caves server crashing after 2:45, two Minutes and forty Five Seconds

Edited by BEBroductions

Share this comment

I'm having the same problem as well with the sinkhole covering up after some time in the server. 521 days in. I will try to get my save file if need be

Share this comment

Just a quick update. I've found the problem and am working on a fix. Thanks everyone for your help. We'll get it fixed and patched up ASAP.

Share this comment

Quick update. Now it told me my world is damaged and it cannot be loaded. 158 days down the drain. :(

We're checking my girlfriend's psn save files to see if her saves are working. 

Share this comment

@Stonyplv

That sux m8. Hav u tried to download ur game save from the online storage? If u hav PS plus - which i think u need to play DST on ps4 - u can save to cloud. U can save to cloud manually or setup so that it saves to cloud when ps4 is in sleep mode. Its a good idea as back up. Hope this might help. :)

Share this comment

Thanks @Timpressive and @BIG_iron2! I went back t9 it after about 15 or so trues, and it loaded just fine!!!!! Still no caves, but at least I didn't lose my worlds! Some of them are up to 500 days or so, bcuz me and my gf love this game so much, and play every day! 

Psn:Stonyplv 

Klei I'd  (according to the extras screen on DST PS4): KU_DAKJXvLy

Share this comment

@diego_arabian

Nice work. Ingenious: im glad u found a way to play. The ancient guardian? or ancient fuel weaver? I planted 20 spider eggs -away but near enough - to try n kill ancient guarding with spiders & spider hat. I also moved 3 rock lobsters as backup in case the spiders didn't work. I planned on comming back later after spider dens were T2 and T3 (tier). The spider hats r generally pretty useless, and i wanted to try a different way of killing ancient guardian. But before i could leave my rock lobsters had other ideas. Somehow they got too close to ancient guardian and they started fighting. I was worried my rock lobsters would die so i decided to try n kill ancient guardian. It was surprisingly easy with just 3 rock lobsters. I had little imput. I jus hit the ancient guardian now n then to distract it.

It was nice to kill the ancient guardian but i was a little disappointed i kinda wasted 20 spider eggs. I wont b able to try the spiders until i reset the ruins now. :(

Share this comment

On ‏٠٧‏/‏٠٢‏/‏١٤٣٩ at 2:39 AM, CharlesB said:

Fixed in Patch 1.23
Get it while it's hot!

yaay thank you so much and your team for this awesome game :) 

is there any changes in the near future ? like new content ? and is the forger coming to ps4 too ?

im in love with this game its so amaizing and would love to know you r guys getting this serise content since we havent had any like shipwreked .

thanks again :)

Share this comment

On ‏٠٧‏/‏٠٢‏/‏١٤٣٩ at 1:53 AM, BIG_iron2 said:

@diego_arabian

Nice work. Ingenious: im glad u found a way to play. The ancient guardian? or ancient fuel weaver? I planted 20 spider eggs -away but near enough - to try n kill ancient guarding with spiders & spider hat. I also moved 3 rock lobsters as backup in case the spiders didn't work. I planned on comming back later after spider dens were T2 and T3 (tier). The spider hats r generally pretty useless, and i wanted to try a different way of killing ancient guardian. But before i could leave my rock lobsters had other ideas. Somehow they got too close to ancient guardian and they started fighting. I was worried my rock lobsters would die so i decided to try n kill ancient guardian. It was surprisingly easy with just 3 rock lobsters. I had little imput. I jus hit the ancient guardian now n then to distract it.

It was nice to kill the ancient guardian but i was a little disappointed i kinda wasted 20 spider eggs. I wont b able to try the spiders until i reset the ruins now. :(

meh i was playing with a friend we had two ham bat and about 5 helms each and also logs suits it was a little dangerous but we did kill him and used his horn for eyeshoot for hounds . :)

Share this comment