Broken attack speed

Mr.Wowl
  • Fixed

Upon downloading the WX rework I played WX and had slower attack speed. This applies to all the characters.

Steps to Reproduce

Equip and item in the hand slot and press attack on mob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wavey 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

hope this gets fixed soon, had no choice but to use gunpowder on a deerclops, fighting is simply not possible with the attack speed as it is now, you cant even stunlock normal spiders,

• Sanity 1

Share this comment

Same here on PS4.

I jumped into a game to trial the new WX Rework.

Got around to making a spear, tried attacking some spiders and it was as though I was hitting at half the regular speed. 

• Potato Cup 1

Share this comment

Yes same problem for me and my friend. I was playing on PS4 and he was on PS5 and we both had the same problem. 

• Potato Cup 1

Share this comment

Yeah I’m having the same problem with me and my friend I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the patch notes?

Edited by Leoisnotgud
I made a grammar mistake and I thought it was stupid for the image to say fixes mouse targeting on a ps4 catagory

Share this comment

Yes, the attack is very slow. Unusable. All characters whether I’m hosting or in someone’s world.

I’m on a ps5 if that helps.

Share this comment

honestly pretty bad look that this was released in this state given it was a known issue on the pc version afaik. Better to wait a few days to fix a game breaking issue than release an update like this. Just my 2c I don't want to come at the devs I appreciate the work they've done a lot in the past few years, but this just looks bad. 

Share this comment

I almost lost my world I’ve had for a while now because of this. I’m so glad I had a life amulet but like the game is kind of unplayable for me right now.

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

so, ran some "tests" if you can call it that,

Playing with lag compensation on (predictive) mostly fixes the speed of attacks, however, kiting with lag comp on, and the resulting rubberbanding becomes the (well known) issue. (that was previously fixed by turning off lag compensation, so you'd have your "real" position displayed)

however, curiously, this then causes a bug when hammering structures.  turning Lag compensation off fixes the hammer bug, then you can hammer structures normally, but then you have the slow attack speed problem, 

Edited by Spider-Hyena
*missing word

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Sarge96 said:

Turn on lag compensation this fixed the attack for me

it works but playing with lag compensation on outside of solo worlds is a horrible experience for me and most players I know

• Sanity 2

Share this comment

53 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

it works but playing with lag compensation on outside of solo worlds is a horrible experience for me and most players I know 

Yea your right

Edited by Mr.lemon9191

Share this comment

I don’t think they thought about all the bugs before releasing the update on ps and Xbox  Ik it’ll all be fixed soon but until then the game is basically unplayable.

Share this comment

9 hours ago, BeeClops said:

Agreed

Share this comment