Eating animation while doing something else

brucemo
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Every once in a while my dupe (not just this one, I think) will display the eating animation while doing something else. This one happens to be doing it while researching orbital science, but I've seen them do the same thing while in the bathroom in the home base, which is perhaps more disturbing.

wrong animation.png

Steps to Reproduce

I have no idea. The dupe is not under stress, isn't starving or suffocating, etc., and this is not happening during scheduled down time. She's just sitting in a rocket researching while appearing to eat.

User Feedback

This is still happening in the solar swamp release. I watched a dupe eat an atmo suit.

Thing is though that it happened at the tail end of eating (something real), at which point a dupe was trying to pick up a meal (probably to put it back in a refrigerator), which I interrupted by telling to go equip an atmo suit.

Share this comment

I noticed it frequently after the last update. I did not see it before (or did not pay attention).

It happened when dupes were at working hours (so not related to eating really); at different actions - mopping the floor, operating the metallurgical plant, piloting a rocket, with or without the atmosuit.

I imagine that they were taking pills or chewing gum.

Share this comment

I had it happen to a dupe in a rocket showing them eating with every single thing they did - seating in a toilet, desinfecting their hands and sleeping in a bunk bed. Funny enough, reloading the save caused this to happen to a different dupe; after another reload a few cycles later and no funny business anymore.

Share this comment