data bank

gabberworld
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

i get the data banks and  after i restart the game they are hidden behind object,

it must be some-sort new bug as i not seen it before

The Duplicant Crater.sav

Steps to Reproduce

get Data bank and restart game

databank.thumb.png.a59ec9e62ad8138d50eea166ef4ee8c8.png

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

It happened to me a lot recently for other things than databanks. Pretty much any debris did that actually, for example, losing my eggs behind Saturn critter traps, diamond behind the diamond press, sleet wheat grains behind the plants, etc. It's like the layer for debris isn't displayed properly when reloading the game.

• Like 2

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

It happened to me a lot recently for other things than databanks. Pretty much any debris did that actually, for example, losing my eggs behind Saturn critter traps, diamond behind the diamond press, sleet wheat grains behind the plants, etc. It's like the layer for debris isn't displayed properly when reloading the game.

i have game atm in epic games , they not release there the public test version. i not know when that started happen

Share this comment

Yup! Things are getting behind things on reload

image.png.b5d4c3446b588903a19deda958515a5f.png

Edit: Or.. maybe after a reload things loose their proper layer placement/position front-back?

Spoiler

Freshly made save

Save and reload without exiting to the main menu or exiting the game
image.thumb.png.32f7d62a2ac712ad3fa6ec4bca967d1d.png

Loading a random save and spawning several things

Edited by sakura_sk
added more info
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

@EricKlei I still see some layering issues in stockpiles of debris but they don't seem to go behind buildings anymore

Spoiler

Debug dug up
1193059914_debris3.thumb.PNG.a14c9100f169bc6911e0adbf3b5bf0b9.PNG

How resources layer when the fall
826363970_debris3_fall.thumb.PNG.51f11bb49fe748e9af3c12c24d4057ec.PNG

Save and reload 
Hovering over the pile it should show the first resource you see and clicking, would cycle over the resources in the list from up to down
74323609_debris3_reload1.thumb.png.d87f7558eea4ee0d215bf27faa633e94.png Needy 486708 2.sav

Unpause, save and reload
Layering of resources corresponds to the dropdown list
1938215359_debris3_reload2.thumb.png.9615371bae2aca34a98a3535a31f7aee.png Needy 486708 3.sav

Every time I load these two saves it seems that the layering between resources changes. Not only the one particular tile I highlighted.

If you screenshot every load and put the images one after the other, piles of resources get "animated" :-D (you can even see that in the 3 pictures I posted)

• Like 1

Share this comment

I checked previous versions of the game and the layering issue you noticed also occurs there so it's not related to the recently introduced bug. You might still notice some oddities with saves opened during the last public testing period up until today. Saves not opened during that period should not be affected with today's hotfix 487396.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment