Building "infinite" amount of porta pods (no cheats)

Thomas.wur
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

Basically, you can build multiple Mini-Pods if you use the pipette tool on a blueprint Mini-Pod if none have been built beforehand. I reported this issue about 3 months ago and it got ignored? Well, I was surprised to see the exploit still around when I got back on the game today. So here is a new post, with a video to clearly show the exploit.
image.png.469cfe25e93adb8589bd437dd624586d.png

Video

It such a simple exploit that lets players build a finite amount of Mini-Pods. The game doesn't check for existing Mini-Pod blueprints when using the copy/pipette tool and nothing is done later on to avoid the duplicants from building them. Its not gamebreaking, you can't print multiple stuff or anything, but something that clearly shouldn't happen. Hope this doesn't get ignored.

Steps to Reproduce

Doesn't work if a Mini-Pod is already built. Else, it only requires copying the blueprint with the pipette tool.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

You dont got ignored. Its just not a very important bug. What do you gain from it? You get multiple portals, but there is no benefit from it. And you have to actively use this, it does not happen by accident. So bugs like this will be place on the very bottom on the to do list. They will adress it eventually, but they wont jump on it with the full team to fix this "life threatening" bug.

Share this comment

Well, thats considering it got on the list in the first place witch I'm pretty sure it didn't. Other than that, I agree though it can be a little cheaty for infinite light/bristle Blossom. (I should say, didn't get noticed instead of ignored)

Edited by Thomas.wur
  • Like 1

Share this comment

I think it can be left unchanged. I used two ports in my game from the start. One for fish - I just put one in the fish tank and another for everything else. It is not a cheat but merely a convenience thing. I am always surprised about people who are pushing hard (or not very hard :indecisiveness:) to correct some things that do not impact THEIR game play at all. You do not need two or more, just simply do not use it. 

It may not even be a bug, who said that there is a rule that it should be only one (I know about the message - limit one per planetoid)? If we go like that it should be only one on the starting asteroid and that's it - no other ports in the game for other asteroids. It all comes down to if this feature breaks someone game or makes the game experience less pleasant? I surely do know that it benefits (albeit slightly) a small group of people.

and, finally I got your point about the infinite light. I never thought about using it massively for the light as it takes space and electricity/light is not a problem in the DLC; although bristle bossom is not the best plant in the DLC....

Share this comment