Unable to assign duplicate with slimelung to triage bed for treatment

Kyokudai
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have duplicates that have contracted slimelung that cannot be assigned to the medical bay, specifically the triage bed.  They do not automatically go there on their own either.  I initially thought this was because i didn't have the medical bay setup prior to them contracting slimelung, but i just got a fresh duplicate with it and the same result happens.  I have already tried reloading the game to no effect.  Relevant screenshots attached.

-Kyo

20190421194107_1.jpg

20190421194123_1.jpg

20190421194136_1.jpg

20190421194805_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Steps to reproduce: 1) Infect duplicate with slimelung 2) Build triage bed 3) Cannot assign duplicate to bed

User Feedback

Also, in addition to them being cured with the Sick Bay, you need to have medicine packs produced and available for use by the appropriate level of doctor for the dupes to go to the Sick Bay. You can no longer manually assign them to be quarantined.

Share this comment

I hope that's unintended.  You can encounter slimelung very early on in the game.  To construct the medpack you need balm lily, which is not so easy to come by early on.  Especially not in high quantities.  I could make 2 of them where I am at right now and have had 4 instances of slimelung as I wanted to see how bad it was so i wasn't taking precautions.  It seems to me that the doctor dupe should be able to treat the slimelung on the triage bed to hasten the recovery from slimelung.  I believe recovery is something like 6 cycles normally.

It is additionally unfortunate that you cannot assign them to quarantine, as slimelung can spread.  I've heard it can't spread in clean oxygen so i relegated them to 100% downtime to keep them there, but all the other dupes get a morale hit when they encounter infected dupes.

Share this comment

Unfortunately it is intended. There's been an ongoing discussion in the general discussion forum regarding the disease changes if you wanna take a peek over there and perhaps offer you own feelings/thoughts on the matter. IPSquiggle has indicated they are reading the thread to collect the feedback.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Slimelung isn't the old "if you get out of the base before suits/research, you die"
It's more like "if you try to rush outside the base without suits or research, you will get slowed down/annoyed"

I think it's fine. It punishes you the most if you have polluted oxygen all over as sneezing in that is the only way it spreads.
It was much much worse when sneezing caused dupes to drop their food down ladders and starve to death.

Share this comment

While diseases can be cured with the sick bay, the purpose of the Med Bay room is to quarantine duplicants. Sick duplicants cannot be assigned to a Med Bay in any way. The toilet, mess table, etc can only be used by a physically injured duplicant. If I prevent a sick duplicant from leaving, to quarantine them until I get medicine or until the doctor can attend to them, they will pee everywhere, eat off the floor, and sleep on the ground, because they aren't physically injured.

It feels like the room is for physical injuries, with a slight sort of "slapped on" bit for diseases. Physical injuries are almost never a problem, so I don't see the point.

Share this comment