Slime Germs spread through Tiles causing infinite Disinfection

Suit
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it is horribly annoying enough to be considered a bug. 

The Germs are spreading through sandstone tiles so my Duplicants are constantly disinfecting every 30 seconds the wall tiles next to a slime biome.
Save file attached. 

save_files.zip

Steps to Reproduce
Build tiles next to slime biome. View Save file - watch constant cycling of disinfection of same tiles.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

It's technically not a bug, when slimelung hits 1 million in a cell it spreads to adjacent tiles, the best and easiest way to stop this is to mine so their is a tile of air between the wall and adjacent tiles, as you are going to be mining slime though obviously be cautious

Share this comment

Or you can disable disinfection on those particular tiles - simply click the problem tile; it is an option in the lower right. Although this isn't practical on a large scale, it can be done if you have a few tiles here and there like this.

Scaling this feature might be done with a copy settinging function on standard tiles.

Share this comment

Hmm I just end up with Air Borne Virus when I open and shaft between the Dups and the Virus.  and that still infects the walls and eventually gets into the base.

Share this comment

The only way I found to fix it was to put another layer of tiles in front of the infected ones. The Slime lung says it's killed by "solid" so I would think it wouldn't spread through tiles at all, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Also supposed to be killed by clean oxygen, but that seems spotty too.

Share this comment