Room not treated as room.

Ipun
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Not even about how this isn't a greenhouse, but the game doesn't qualify this room as a room even though the only qualification for a room is to have it enclosed by tiles and/or doors.

I have experienced this bug multiple times when the rooms have levels inside even though that should be allowed still.

Apparently, only some parts of the room are not treated as a room as the second screenshot shows.

Screenshot (101).png

Screenshot (102).png

Leaky Home.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Create an enclosed room with levels, see how it doesn't get treated as a room in the room overlay. Try to play around with the room and find that only some part of the room doesn't qualify to be a room.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Bottom picture is a 86 tile room,

Top picture is a 131 tile room .

Maximum size of most rooms (including greenhouse) is 96 tiles at the moment.

Does not seem like a bug to me. You might want to read the tooltips more carefully.

Edited by blash365
  • Like 1

Share this comment

If it's about the greenhouse room then yes, but isn't a room in general -- as in the grey ones -- doesn't have tile requirements?

Well, if the room requirement is intended to be so, I think the tooltip for misc room should say so.

Screenshot (104).png

Share this comment

the maximum size of any room on that list is under 100 tiles, misc room gains no benefits, its not really a room its a not a room so your kinda talking out the side of your mouth on this one.

Share this comment

Okay well anyway, then can you explain to me please why this first screenshot isn't a room but the second one is a room? Neither are even close to the max amount of tiles and all I did was add a pneumatic door inside the room. Don't you think the first one already qualify as a room, counting tiles and all that?

I still think there's a bug somewhere around room overlay, unless I'm missing something major here about how rooms are supposed to be made.

Screenshot (107).png

Screenshot (109).png

Share this comment

Seems as though my problem is acutally a little different than this issue.

Edited by Venus3869
Issue different than originally stated

Share this comment