Rocket Is Not Operational For Any Obvious Or Clear Reason

helium3
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

One of my rockets returned and apparently I left the gantry automation active so the pilot was able to leave. When I attempted to instruct the pilot to go back to the command capsule he never arrived. When I looked at the errands tab I saw that the game considers the rocket to be 'not operational' but doesn't tell me why. Also, I've never experienced this behavior before and I've been playing for quite a while.

Oxygen Not Included 7_15_2021 7_53_11 PM.png

Steps to Reproduce

I'm not sure. After a mission, allow the pilot to leave the command capsule?

User Feedback

If you assign dupe to rocket during their bed time/ bath time/ ect, they will consider travel to rocket as fail and will not go to rocket. You can fix this by click to unassign the reassign them, make sure you do that during their work time.

Share this comment

Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't help. Unassigned one pilot, checked that another was in their work schedule, assigned that dupe and got the same result. Not operational. :(

Share this comment

I think there is something happening to rocket automation. Could turning rocket capsule automation to green change something?

Share this comment

If this is a recently used rocket, I've been getting this as well. Does it go away if you save, quit to the main menu, and re-load the save game?

Share this comment

I've seen this too. I had a hard time getting my pilot back onto the rocket. I even deconstructed and rebuilt the command capsule to see if that would fix it. Not sure anymore what made her go back into the capsule in the end, but eventually she got in again.

A note to the devs: you gotta love your job. First you work very hard to get this big merge update working. It's done, you can get some rest. And then the floodgates open with all the issues people find in the field (mostly the stuff from save games that may be hard to test ahead of time I suspect). Hang in there folks! Your responsiveness to address the issues / bugs is appreciated.

Share this comment

I am getting the same error.

What did you do to get it fixed? This update required quite a lot of change in my base!

Not Operational.png

Share this comment

16 hours ago, helium3 said:

Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't help. Unassigned one pilot, checked that another was in their work schedule, assigned that dupe and got the same result. Not operational. :(

Trying to fix the issue, I tried deconstructing the command capsule, and realized I couldn't. I also see that you can't do it in your first screenshot! Saving, then reloading the save file from the main menu solves this. However, this is incredibly inconvenient for normal play, since you have to do it after every rocket launch!! D:

Share this comment

A number of these issues were fixed in tonight's update. Please give it a try and let us know if there are any issues. 

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

NICE!

My save game can now load properly and doesn't seem to crash. I'll comment again if anything else goes wrong.

Thank you so much for the very quick patch!! The dev team for ONI is awesome! I am definitely purchasing Spaced Out! the moment it comes out of Alpha :)

I've been in love with your games since Mark of the Ninja. :love_heart::love_heart:

On 7/17/2021 at 4:18 AM, EricKlei said:

A number of these issues were fixed in tonight's update. Please give it a try and let us know if there are any issues. 

• Like 1

Share this comment