OC-253600 Bristle Blossom in Hydroponic Farm shows Irrigation issue but should not

SchlauFuchs
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have a greenhouse with bristle blossoms. They worked fine, until some 20 cycles ago. Then the blossoms showed up brown, indicating missing irrigation. The water still flows, as can be seen in the screenshot. Saving and Reloading fixes it for the first half of blossoms in the row, but problem reoccurs.

5a761a929b203_Screenshot2018-02-0409_22_40.thumb.png.05a9cd00162f0f141eabc6e746b28e35.png

The Breathless Beyond Cycle 124.sav

Steps to Reproduce
load the savegame, see for yourself.

User Feedback

saving and reloading shows that a blob of water can pass through the pipes, feeding the plants, but then it stops flowing

Share this comment

@SchlauFuchs, I had a similar issue - fixing it required that I use a bridge piece as a one way valve into the line that connects the hydro tiles to the main supply line. _ I would one way bridge from the line into the toilet supply line as well.

Share this comment

It's like the water will jog back and forth between hydro tiles if you have demand elsewhere on the line, the bridge stops demand from being seen elsewhere. You can also use a bridge piece as a pump - it will push water down the line away from it, even without a pump or a pipe on the other side. - I Leave my bridges in place until the line is empty and then deconstruct then without a bunch of mopping.

Edited by The Plum Gate
  • Like 1

Share this comment

it is not the back and forth issue - I am carefully designing my grids to have the suppliers and the consumers not mixed. After a game restart the problem seems to be better now.

Share this comment

I came here to report the same bug.

I can confirm that using a bridge as a diode on the input does not prevent the problem from recurring. When I remove the input pipe the plots all report a good status, but when I replace the input pipe the problem recurs. 

Share this comment

I have seen this, but ..

I want to play a bit with new piping and farms after this fix dropped:

Fixed an issue where liquids and gases could incorrectly state transition when being put into a pipe.

The farm before the halt in irrigation also showed "pressure damage". This was early game and the air was from one pump on top of an algae thing, the water was plain starting cistern water pumped in with a non-insulated sandstone pipe to a copper planter. I didn't really have the capabilities to overpressure.

Share this comment

Me too. The basic irrigation setup of my Bristle Blossom farm works fine for a while, then out of 10 or 12 Hydroponic Farms, only the first two tiles are getting water. The end of the pipe remains empty for no reason. Deconstructing/reconstructing the pipes does not help. Having the pipe run underneath and feed into each Hydroponic Farm separately seems to work. I'll give the liquid bridge trick a try though.

Share this comment

Moderator - please delete this post. The issue I was running into is a bit different than the OP's.

Edited by Shinjitsu

Share this comment

Hi in 2020. 
I had this prob too. I tried irrigating them from individual pipelines and it still has irrigation issues. 

Reloading does not solve it, but starting a new game does. 

Share this comment