No Ice Biomes in Outbreak Build?

n37runn3r
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I've generated 4 games with the built in standard generator and no sign of any ice biomes so far. Can't seem to find my log files folder (yes, my mystery save location issue continues) so unable to attach them.

Steps to Reproduce
Generate a game, look for ice biomes.

User Feedback

They still exist but i think they are more rare than they used to be, i used debug mode and they're kind of far away from the starting area

Share this comment

As Masterpintsman says, the world gen typically places the colder biomes further away from the centre, this is to stop diseases dying rapidly due to the cold, but as stated it is also to force players to go through these infested biomes.

On the brighter side it means you have access to chlorine, mushrooms, as well as fertilzer for the mushrooms.

Share this comment

Ice biomes are still there, but very rarely placed directly adjacent to the starter biome.

Dig a bit farer and you'll certainly find them.

Share this comment

On 8/24/2017 at 7:40 PM, AlexRou said:

Can you explain?

For some reason my computer can't seem to find my log files. I know they must exist but it doesn't seem to turn up on the expected filepath (new or old). I believe Mr Flibble might be losing them somewhere on his spare drive, but I haven't found them yet. I get a similar problem will my Photoshop tool setting files and some other items. I'm afraid to uninstall the spare drive because a bunch of programs will probably stop working.

Edited by n37runn3r
Spelling / Clarity

Share this comment

I finally found some ice on map 5 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay far away. I also seem to have almost no geysers. On 1 build I never found any before the colony collapsed from lack of water. On the other 3 they were there but only 1 of each kind on the map. I think that's on purpose though. Sure makes it tough since there's less starting water and the purifier doesn't kill the germs!

Share this comment

2 hours ago, n37runn3r said:

For some reason my computer can't seem to find my log files. I know they must exist but it doesn't seem to turn up on the expected filepath (new or old). I believe Mr Flibble might be losing them somewhere on his spare drive, but I haven't found them yet. I get a similar problem will my Photoshop tool setting files and some other items. I'm afraid to uninstall the spare drive because a bunch of programs will probably stop working.

Log files are easy, open up steam, go to the library, right click ONI, properties, local files, browse local files. Then just go to OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\output_log.txt

Save files on windows are in %userprofile%\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files

That is a shortcut path that "should" bring you to the right place, if that doesn't work then there are more complicated ways to try and find it.

Anyways since you finally found the biomes there's no point uploading them anymore. But it's good to know if you can find them for future issues.

Edited by AlexRou

Share this comment

Yatta! Thanks for helping me find my backup files. For some reason Mr. Flibble wasn't searching hidden files even though it was enabled.

Share this comment