Multiple duplicants on one manual generator

Cristi CDX
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

i had 5 dupes locked up (door permision) in a ice biome to build a oxygen generator , they had building , sweeping and digging to do but all of them at the same time were running a manual generator and they were not stopping either...

Steps to Reproduce
atmosuit on , locked by doar permision , manual generator , coal generator , hidrogen generator on the same one power grid but separate from the main power grid and haveing a automation circuit on all of them and a smart battery , something to build , dig and sweep,

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

it happend around cicle 140 , i do not have that one anymore , but i guess try on this one , just lock them in the cold biom on the right side of the map . i dont think i have the manual gen there on this save, just build one i guess

The Lamentable Colony Cycle 172.sav

Edited by Cristi CDX

Share this comment

I've seen the same behavior when attaching an automation wire to the hamster wheel. Not sure if it needs any batteries but most likely more batteries in the automation network may also influence it

Share this comment

It can be reproduced by creating a manual generator that isn't connected to any batteries. Since 0%  charge < 50% the dupes operate it forever.

I don't consider it a bug.

Share this comment

@onebit

no you misunderstand the issue. The bug is that you have 2 or more people in the same wheel at the same time generating power, the output stays at 400W though. The max i have seen was like 6 dupes in one wheel. All of them doing the power generation task.

edit: evidence, older build: https://imgur.com/JtHvnM6

Edited by Bobanaut

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

Changed Redmine to https://redmine.klei.com/issues/3472

Thanks for reporting this!

Share this comment