Mafic Rock not available for Insulated Liquid Pipes

Earl_of_Earlier
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Insulated Liquid Pipes currently cannot be built with Mafic Rock, as opposed to Insulated Gas Pipes and Insulated Tiles.

Steps to Reproduce
Dig up Mafic Rock, try to build Insulated Liquid Pipes

User Feedback

Sorry, English is not my native language.
Liquid Pipes require a material with a "
Plumbable" tag.
This tag has all the raw minerals except the mafic rock. as well as wolframite, tungsten and thermium.
Two years ago it made sense to give pipes the property of high thermal conductivity.
But more than a year ago Radiant Pipes appeared in the game.
Klei, please remove this anachronism.

Share this comment

In my opinion, the haven't allowed it, because it were nearly better than ceramic!

Ceramic has 0,019 (insulated pipe) and Mafic Rock 0,010 as a insulated tile (ceramic has 0,006 as a insulted tile) if I remember correctly. If they allow it to use for insulated pipes, ceramic need to be changed or nobody would use ceramic pipes any more, because it costs to much time and resources to make it. Mafic rock is lying on the floor. Just pick it up.   :D But maybe they have just forgotten to implement it.

Share this comment

I just feel like it's inconsistent. We can use Mafic Rock for Insulated Tile and Insulated Gas Pipes, but not for Insulated Liquid Pipes. On many of the new maps it's really difficult to get Clay, because they have no slime biomes - thus to get any significant amount of Ceramics, you have to create pools of polluted water and use Deodorizers, which is quite weird. So, for those worlds especially, the Mafic Rock Insulated Pipes would be really helpful.

• Like 2

Share this comment

Doesn't noticed the fact with the gas pipes. I build much more liquid pipes than gas pipes. Then it is like you said just inconsistent. I hope for the possibility to make pipes from mafic rock too. Would make some things easier. :)

• Like 1

Share this comment

I would rather they make it not usable for gas pipes, between that and making it usable for liquid ones, as ceramic should still be worth making. It makes sense that some rock types just aren't good for piping because they're rather porous.

Share this comment