Hatch tries to jump over Pitcher Pump but fails and drowns

SchlauFuchs
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Hi,

Hatches cant pass a Pitcher Pump. But they try anyways and fail and drown. 

Solution 1: Fix their pathfinding to not jump into certain death

Solution 2: Fix the Pitcher pump to be walkable to them.

Steps to Reproduce
Have a Pitcher Pump in a water reservoir and let some Hatches loose. Watch drowning.
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

In the meantime if you put a gap or ladder between the pump and the ground, then placing the pump 1 tile lower or higher than the ground, the hatches won't jump on it. They move 2 tiles vertical 1 tile horizontal, but not 2 tiles horizontal 1 tile vertical. You can also keep them out of rooms or areas this way.

Share this comment

Klei needs to make the platform of the Pitcher Pump solid for all things instead of only Dupes. I'm tired of seeing everything fall through the platform.

Edited by vonVile

Share this comment

In a previous game, I had a hatch fall from a higher level through the pitcher pump and then drowned. The game refreshed and the hatch reappeared above the pitcher pump and fell through again. It looped 4 times?!

Also had a dupe fall through the picture pump. She was digging below her and fell through the pump floor.

I should try and reproduce it in debug mode to see if it happens again.

Edited by invaderhaywire

Share this comment

19 minutes ago, invaderhaywire said:

In a previous game, I had a hatch fall from a higher level through the pitcher pump and then drowned. The game refreshed and the hatch reappeared above the pitcher pump and fell through again. It looped 4 times?!

Also had a dupe fall through the picture pump. She was digging below her and fell through the pump floor.

I should try and reproduce it in debug mode to see if it happens again.

Unrelated bug. All gravity affected entities fall through "fake floors" like pitcher pumps and pneumatic doors.

Share this comment