Graphical glitches and crashes

Old_Harry
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I've been getting a couple of graphical glitches along with fairly regular crashes.

The first is a clock-like glitch where quarters, halves, 3/4s and more randomly-sized pie-slices of the background (and some foreground) go black (see image). Occasionally replaced by a white version which obscures everything in the foreground too.

The second is what looks like ultra-zoomed in sprites obscuring everything in the background (and some foreground). I haven't got a screenshot because it happens less frequently.

I've looked through a few pages of bug reports and this one is similar, and the fix (adding "-force-glcore" to my launch options) worked on the base game but I've just bought the DLC and the fix just seems to be causing me constant crashes. https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/game-is-pitch-black-when-loading-a-save-r31600/
I've got an AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card and an Intel Core i5 3450 processor. If there isn't an easy fix is there a low-graphics mode that would help?

Steps to Reproduce

Play to around turn 20 on Spaced Out. Have an elderly PC.

User Feedback

1 hour ago, Old_Harry said:

My image

Does it also crash/glitch without mods? Because that image seems like the minibase mod

Share this comment

Yeah, the glitches happen with mods and without. I hoped the minibase mod would reduce the load on my pc, but I still got the glitches.

Share this comment

17 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Could you try enabling "Low Resolution Textures" Graphics settings and see if that helps?

I've had that setting enabled since I bought the game. :(

Edited by Old_Harry

Share this comment

Intel HD 4600 is they minimum recommendation.

you have AMD Radeon HD 6450

by benchmark your graphic card is 58% worse than minimum recommendation.

you can try play with opengl instead

but i read from your log that you have also some issue with drivers. to you gpu support windows 10?

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Old_Harry said:

I've had that setting enabled since I bought the game. :(

In that case, did you try without? :D

Share this comment

Hmmmm. It could be that the pliers mod is causing it - I thought I'd tested without, but just disabled it again and things are working better... I'll come back to you when the glitches come back.

3 hours ago, AyCe said:

In that case, did you try without? :D

Heh, I'll give it a shot.

5 hours ago, gabberworld said:

Intel HD 4600 is they minimum recommendation.

you have AMD Radeon HD 6450

by benchmark your graphic card is 58% worse than minimum recommendation.

you can try play with opengl instead

but i read from your log that you have also some issue with drivers. to you gpu support windows 10?

Unfortunately it's one of the better cards that my ancient motherboard can take. Planning to upgrade the whole thing just as soon as the worldwide chip shortage ends and I figure out how GPU naming conventions work.

What do I need to do to try opengl?

And I have no idea about win10 driver issues. I have had a lot of memory issues which I guess could have been conflicts?

Share this comment

On 10/19/2021 at 11:52 PM, Old_Harry said:

Hmmmm. It could be that the pliers mod is causing it - I thought I'd tested without, but just disabled it again and things are working better... I'll come back to you when the glitches come back.

Nope, the glitch is back with no mods loaded. Here's another pic to illustrate how annoying it is.

Latest Graphics glitch.jpg

Share this comment

On 10/25/2021 at 6:17 PM, Old_Harry said:

Nope, the glitch is back with no mods loaded. Here's another pic to illustrate how annoying it is.

Latest Graphics glitch.jpg

i try play this game in my server, when i started i saw klei logo after that i go black screen. soo what i try was i switch game to windowed mode and then black screen go away.

try play game at windowed mode maybe helps.

Share this comment

for me it seems its something todo with those new unity engine what game uses. because when i switch game to version 420700 in my server. that black screen issue go away.

in 420700 they to use unity 2018 version

Share this comment