Glass refinery damages Abyssalite pipes

Xarian
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

What happens: When Abyssalite pipes are attached to a Glass refinery, the molten glass cools in the Abyssalite pipes, causing cold damage to the pipes.

What should happen: Abyssalite pipes do not transfer heat, so molten glass should not cool down in the pipes.

Steps to Reproduce
Attach Abyssalite pipes to a Glass refinery (with appropriate outlets for the liquid), and make molten glass. The Abyssalite pipe attached to the refinery will take damage.

User Feedback

Did you use the insulated pipes or the regular pipes? I used insulated abyssalite pipes for my glass forge last week and didn't encounter this issue.

Share this comment

21 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

Did you use the insulated pipes or the regular pipes? I used insulated abyssalite pipes for my glass forge last week and didn't encounter this issue.

Regular (non-insulated)

Share this comment

19 hours ago, Xarian said:

Regular (non-insulated)

Regular will still transfer heat (very slowly)

Need to use insulated to fully stop heat from escaping

Share this comment

it frequently even damages insulated for me,  especially on the initial build.  rebuilding the pipe typically fixes it though

• Like 1

Share this comment

There is related bug with very little amount of cold glass in refinery. Looks at storage, if there is 0 grams of low-temperature glass -- this is that bug. Just empty storage

Share this comment