Glass Forge dropping glass

SharraShimada
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Glass forge is dropping the glass, not using exit pipe.

Steps to Reproduce
Operate glass forge, glass will drop in front of the building, not using exit pipe at all.

User Feedback

Could you share a save where the bug is happening please ? Because I think it's working for a lot of us and it would help to see what went wrong.

Share this comment

Glass forge is located below main base. 

Tried different materials, and every time the ouput is breaking. The strange thing is, because of "cold damage". But even if the pipe is okay, it drops the glass either directly, or not at all, storing it inside the forge. 

Comet.sav

Share this comment

Iv been seeing things taking "Cold Damage" but are very hot but under their Top temp.   Its very frustrating because Dups keep repairing it and taking heat damage when it should not be needing repairing at all.

Share this comment

You are letting the glass solidify in the pipe. That of course, makes it damage the pipe and drop on the ground.

Share this comment

13 hours ago, psusi said:

You are letting the glass solidify in the pipe. That of course, makes it damage the pipe and drop on the ground.

I've been experiencing this bug as well. The glass inside the forge exchanges heat with the forge and cools down just enough that as soon as it exits the forge it solidifies and breaks the pipe (insulated abysalite). The forge continues to operate and more glass builds up inside, all the while exchanging heat with the forge and cooling down. Basically once this happens the forge needs to be rebuilt.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, Pyrrus said:

I've been experiencing this bug as well. The glass inside the forge exchanges heat with the forge and cools down just enough that as soon as it exits the forge it solidifies and breaks the pipe (insulated abysalite). The forge continues to operate and more glass builds up inside, all the while exchanging heat with the forge and cooling down. Basically once this happens the forge needs to be rebuilt.

Ohh.  I was thinking he wasn't using good insulated pipes.

Share this comment

It can be happening when there`s water under the glass forge. The contents of the forge exchange heat with the water cooling the glass so it breaks the pipe and heating the water so dupes get scalded by hot steam. I saw one streamer really confused by that happening.

Share this comment