Game Crash With Airlock Automation

GiantDwarf01
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Whenever I attempt to build something directly below horizontally stacked doors on an automation loop, the game crashes. It seems to perhaps be connected to the way the doors handles any gas in it's area when it closes, trying to push it to a new spot perhaps? I use a automation compactor system to handle my gases and it uses 3 horizontal doors, but since the game crashes as soon as i try and build the final door, it's a bit of a problem...

Steps to Reproduce
Build two mechanical airlocks rotated to be horizontal right on top of one another. Automate the doors on a loop using a buffer/filter system set on 1 sec intervals so each door opens in sequence. Try to build or place something under the bottom door and it crashes.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I can confirm this inside my steam power generator. I got at left and right 4 door closing and opening. The doors at the right site working well, but the last door the 4th from the left site making a system crash. I think it has nothing to do with automation, but crashes as soon I try to open the door and also destroy the door with debug tool cause a system crash.

With 3 doors it works well but the 4th could really be a problem and took me some builds to fix out why it crashes after 5 second of play time.

Share this comment

Can you show an image of your problem, and upload your save file and client logs? That would help greatly with seeing the problem.

Share this comment

I've noticed similar issues when building horizontal doors. The game bugs so hard that I can't even change the text in the bug report.

In my case it wasn't the automation. It seems to be when they build horizontal doors, they then try to climb upward, sometimes into something that already exists. That seemed to cause the crash in my case.

Maybe it has to do with displacing things into physical objects?

Share this comment