Farm station does nothing

Coolthulhu
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Farm station gets filled with 50kg of fertilizer, then gets ignored. Assigning farmers doesn't change anything. The room is designated as greenhouse, but no effect can be seen on the plants.

Tried on bristle berries and mushrooms. Also on mealwood, but it isn't listed among plants that should get the boost. On planter boxes, farm tiles and hydroponics. With both farmer and seasoned farmer.

Steps to Reproduce
Build farm station, assign a farmer, build a greenhouse around it, plant plants. Observe lack of "tending to crops".

User Feedback

I do have those and they're assigned. The job menu says that you only need lvl 2 farmers, but neither 2 nor 3 work.

Share this comment

Same issue. only works in some rooms, not others so its not completely broken. This one never gets used.  It also seems like no one will ever deconstruct them i

20180127080211_1.thumb.jpg.9e4734d7abc619a4e81ea7d1b5884c5b.jpg

Share this comment

On the deconstruct issue. I think there is currently a bug where the deconstruct orders get hardcoded to the assigned furniture owner. And if they don't have the build task enabled, they will never deconstruct it. 

Share this comment

The deconstruction problem might be related to a similar problem with deconstructing beds (which has been addressed for the next update already):

Edited by Captain Ford

Share this comment

The farm station seems to work for me in a greenhouse with a Farmer. However, I'm not sure the micronutrient fertilizer is doing any thing. Before I had it, the bristle berry took 6 cycles, with the fertilizer it still takes 6 cycles.

When mousing over the greenhouse room display, it says accelerated plant growth. Is this a UI bug in which it is not showing an update to the cycles needed or a bug in the room buff and micronutrient fertilizer?

image.thumb.png.2a3a4ea980fac0fc9054d0c65685f9af.png

Share this comment

Confirmed, farm plots have micronutrient fertilizer listed as content but it does not make growth quicker. Bristle berrys take 6 cycles to grow with or without help of farm station

Share this comment