"Enable Proximity" setting DISABLES OVERJOY RESPONSES

Maso
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

But only for Balloon Artists. I think it affects Sticker Bombers too, but very rarely will they sometimes get to plant stickers. Sparkle streaking and overproductive responses are unaffected.

The reason seems to be that the default standing around and "relaxing" job (aka doing nothing) has a higher priority than the "Joy Reaction" job when proximity settings are enabled. You can see it in the attached screenshot.

joyreaction.png

Steps to Reproduce

1) Enable the "Enable Proximity" setting
2) Have a valid recreation room
2) Trigger an overjoy response from a "Balloon Artist" duplicant

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

That would explain why I have seen the balloon thing exactly once so far despite having several balloon artists in every colony.

Share this comment

THANK YOU @Maso !   I have tried everything to get my balloon artists to make balloons and nothing until this worked.  It's a sucky work around as proximity setting is something I depend on but I turned it off to get the balloons which are great and so cute! 

Share this comment

On 3/2/2022 at 12:07 PM, k_nicole said:

Changed Status to Fixed

This should be fixed in the next Update. Thanks for the report.

This 'bug' is still occurring as of the current spaced out build.
While proximity is enabled, a duplicant with Balloon Artist will trigger their response and hold out the balloons to be taken, but the other dupes that should take the balloon still have a higher priority on 'Relax' and will not take a balloon.

Steps to reproduce:
Enable proximity
Have a valid rec room and a high morale Balloon Artist dupe, and at least one other dupe on the same schedule
Observe during downtime to see that the Balloon Artist's self overjoyed reaction triggers properly, but all other dupes relax priority is higher
(for me, relax was 135.735 and Overjoyed Reaction- the errand to take a balloon- was 135.5, thus never triggering)
Observe that unchecking enable proximity during this downtime immediately causes dupes to grab the balloons.

Trying to reproduce again to grab screenshots but now of course they're taking forever to trigger....

Share this comment

57 minutes ago, Araphre said:

This 'bug' is still occurring as of the current spaced out build.

I don't think there was an update since this bug was fixed. At least I'm sure there wasn't an update that mentions this fix

Share this comment