Duplicant stuck in the Liquid Bottler

BabalooL
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Fixed

Hello!

I was playing the first day of the update Outbreak in my live and I noticed that the duplicators are stuck in Liquid Bottler

They can not draw water and finish the task and so they get stuck in the task until they have to sleep or are forced to leave (deconstructing the water bottler for example)

The animation is also buggy

The problem stopped when I removed the floor just below the Water Bottler

I made a small clip of my live so you can see the problem. (Sorry for the quality of my live is a bit bad)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169580480

bug oni outbreak update 24 08 2017.png

Steps to Reproduce
206/5000 Step 1: Build the Water Bottler Step 2: Make a floor below. Step 3: Make some duplicant pick up water Step 4: Duplicant stuck Step 5: Remove the floor Step 6: Duplicants can draw water normally

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Also you are not able to build on the water pipes that come from the bottler, but you are able to build the bottler on top of objects without them breaking etc. Chances are you had the tiles planned and the bottle got built first.

Share this comment

I just figured out the raison reading your steps to reproduce. Liquid bottler must be use as floor. Nont on top of it, and the pipe below must have clear access to water.
I think it's not a bug, just as it supposed to work

Share this comment

4 hours ago, mutrised said:

I just figured out the raison reading your steps to reproduce. Liquid bottler must be use as floor. Nont on top of it, and the pipe below must have clear access to water.
I think it's not a bug, just as it supposed to work

Just because it is an item that does not need flooring does not mean that it should not have floors below it. :( It is visible that the Water Bottler is still able to get in the water and it would be a huge problem a building that can not have floors below. Another issue is that if there is an impediment it should not be possible for the duplicant to start the task. They are able to start but are not able to finish and so they get stuck. 

Share this comment

16 hours ago, BabalooL said:

Just because it is an item that does not need flooring does not mean that it should not have floors below it. :( It is visible that the Water Bottler is still able to get in the water and it would be a huge problem a building that can not have floors below. Another issue is that if there is an impediment it should not be possible for the duplicant to start the task. They are able to start but are not able to finish and so they get stuck. 

I undserstand this as the liduiq bottler being some kind of floor. So it does not need a floor below, and the pipe is blocked by floors below.

Knowing this you can use it =)

one thing to try isv is liquid boltter pipe blocked by another liquid bollter ? if not, you can set a liquid bottler.column, with one on each stage of your base,which is kind of neat

Edited by mutrised
add info

Share this comment

So no, you can't build anything in the way of the liquid bottler pipe... Not even another liquid bottler or ladders... So that's a bit of a problem... Since dupes can't jupe two tiles wide gaps... You have to put a water reservoir bellow each liquid bottler...

This would have been so better to just have a liquid input onto liquid bottlers...

Share this comment