Dupe's exhale can teleport through space to enclosed rooms

sakura_sk
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Maybe it is just because I left some oxylite in space so the dupe could breath but I still don't know why the CO2 they exhale should reach a closed space and not  be deleted by vacuum

breath.thumb.png.39d3f37fda5819ab5fcf5ca89cedd236.png (The first time it happened the dupe was eating)

The exhale "bubble" is visible and heading  down, before appearing in the two tiles of steam.

It can happen consistently in this save CO2 tele 3.sav

It only appears when there are other gases in the enclosed area. It can happen when a dupe uses oxygen mask. tele breath 2_.sav

Spoiler

Visible exhale bubbles forming 20g CO2 underneath

Steps to Reproduce

Let dupes exhale in space either using sandbox or oxygen masks

• Like 3

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

This is a rather major bug.  Repeated occurrences of dupes exhaling in space destroyed a structure at the bottom of my base.

Edited by Zarquan
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Still happens for me in build U42-512719-SD. In this screenshot, dupes standing in one of the two indicated positions (not sure which one or whether it's both) are pretty consistently exhaling into the vacuum. I've only noticed it in real time on the right side as indicated, but it might be a problem on the left as well.
image.thumb.png.70f3aa0639bf20681378e621ae3d06d0.png

This is an older thread, but there's a bunch of relevant testing that could be replicated to test it more thoroughly on a modern build. Mechanized Airlocks (or perhaps Manual Airlocks as well) do seem to be a major culprit.

Edited by Roachy1

Share this comment

Caught them in the act. In this arrangement, dupes can apparently breath from the oxygen cell to the right of their feet, and then exhale into the vacuum where their head and/or feet are. If that's the case, then I guess that would be a different bug entirely. Although this reminds me of a similar bug (or just idiosyncrasy) I researched a long, long time ago, having to do with where dupes can breath and exhale. Is this a known bug/niche mechanic?
image.thumb.png.df75cf74778ff99b4982df99eb6deabe.png

It almost makes me think that dupes have an identical "suction range" to pumps (see: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/91094-the-mystery-about-pump-range/). If that were the case, it would explain this behavior. For example:

image.thumb.png.8b1d8de9db7539de0db4c696bf06903e.png

Edited by Roachy1

Share this comment