Can't use empty pipe tool on conveyor rails

oconzer
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I've been trying to empty some unmeltable small amounts of ice that I noticed on a conveyor rail that I was using to cool my geyser in the screen shot below, but I can't use the empty pipe tool on conveyors for some reason (i've never had to do so before).

54CBFE38E4F1F7630D46C6A150DB909C5878FDEF

Also after watching the small amounts of ice that are also this particular rail, I think I've discovered another bug with ice (maybe even applies to all materials).

Steps to Reproduce
Build a conveyor rail and load it with something then try and use the empty pipe tool to remove the materials from the rail.
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Not a dev, but I believe that the empty pipe tool is only designed to work with pipes, hence the 'pipe' part of the name. For conveyor rails, you need to deconstruct them.

Perhaps a suggestion should be made to change the Empty Pipe tool into an Empty Conveyance tool instead.

Share this comment

I guess the tool is actually called extract pipe contents, but it shows it should empty conveyor rails as seen in the screenshot.

9A58AF5CB29AEA4737BE88C5E17999BC9D16AF4B

Share this comment

I've noticed the same thing and was going to make the same bug report, but instead I'll like yours so it's more easily seen by the devs

Share this comment