Cannot Deconstruct Command Capsule

helium3
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Command capsules in the base game no longer have the option to be deconstructed.942726830_OxygenNotIncluded7_15_20217_50_03PM.thumb.png.44b4e82a868d05afac5f989da1f96604.png

Steps to Reproduce

Click the command capsule and note the lack of the deconstruct button.

Viridian Gate III.sav

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Very strange, I see the deconstruct button on the current build. Could you attach your save file so I could take a look?

Share this comment

Here's what I see when I load your save in the game on Steam. Could you try disabling your mods and see if that changes anything?

image.png

@sakura_sk the cancel bug will be fixed in the next update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

I was running into this problem with the Merge update (I haven't tried since today's patch). Specifically, this seems to occur if the rocket is launched and returns, then it gets stuck in a state where it cannot launch again, or be deconstructed, until I save and re-load the map from the main menu.

Share this comment

Well now that's just bizarre. And now the problem is gone.

Kinda wrecked any chance of meaningful data but here's what I actually did.

1. Deactivated my mods.
  2. Activated the DLC
  3. Played a little while in a new colony.
  4. Saw your reply.
  5. Deactivated the DLC.
  6. Loaded the save and saw no problems.
  7. Exited to main menu and reactivated my mods.
  8. Loaded the save and again saw no problems.

Additionally, the other issue I reported regarding the rocket being "not operational" appears to have resolved and I'm no longer getting the "Null Reference Comet Detector" crash I started experiencing when I un-paused the save (saw it when mods were both activated and deactivated) after loading it that started at about the same time I was having these other problems.

Share this comment

I've seen this too. I restarted the game and after loading the save (just resume) it worked fine again.

(Similar to the problem I had before this big update with getting the "Not Ok but pretty cool" achievement where the game apparently still had a long standing bug to detect this achievement...)

Share this comment

There is more weirdness here.

I just couldn't get a pilot into the Command Capsule.

I also could not deconstruct the command capsule.

But I just launched the rocket WITHOUT a pilot !

Perfect Trainwreck 193.zip

Well, good luck with loading the above save file. It will crash the game as it is apparently in an inconsistent state with the rocket being out without a pilot...

When you load the save game you can see the rocket, but when you mouse over the command capsule the tooltip for it will not show. When you unpause the game ... meltdown!

I reported the crash with these details:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

CometDetector+Instance.ScanSky () (at <c25c764251f245d5945c4bf3a3c311f5>:0)
CometDetector+<>c.<InitializeStates>b__5_3 (CometDetector+Instance smi, System.Single dt) (at <c25c764251f245d5945c4bf3a3c311f5>:0)
BucketUpdater`1[DataType].Update (DataType data, System.Single dt) (at <d1e03645b6a14b528d2f85f8af12cdf9>:0)
UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1[DataType].Update (System.Single dt) (at <d1e03645b6a14b528d2f85f8af12cdf9>:0)
StateMachineUpdater+BucketGroup.AdvanceOneSubTick (System.Single dt) (at <d1e03645b6a14b528d2f85f8af12cdf9>:0)
StateMachineUpdater.AdvanceOneSimSubTick () (at <d1e03645b6a14b528d2f85f8af12cdf9>:0)
Game.SimEveryTick (System.Single dt) (at <c25c764251f245d5945c4bf3a3c311f5>:0)
Game.Update () (at <c25c764251f245d5945c4bf3a3c311f5>:0)

Build: 471618

20210716212143_1.jpg

20210716212154_1.jpg

20210716212241_1.jpg

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Rockets did not register themselves when they landed so this caused a number of issues including the missing deconstruct button.

@Gembator the CometDetector+Instance.ScanSky crash has been reported here. I was able to load your save. This will be fixed in the next update.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thank you for the bugfix release. I parked the game for the weekend as the weather outside was nice. I hope you managed to get some nice time off too!

Just sharing a screenshot of my rocket flying through space FULLY automated. I mean, without a pilot! We probably won't see this again, so let us enjoy the moment ;-)

A big thank you for both enabling people that want it to play the previous version and patching the bugs quickly. Also good you don't wait to fix all the bugs, but release the fixes incrementally. Short learning cycles, good stuff !

20210718213911_1.jpg

Share this comment

Just to clarify, the fully automated rocket was because you launched it prior to Friday's update? 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment