Batteries Don't Charge When Connected To Coal Generator

vonVile
  • Pending

I don't know if this is a bug or decided game mechanic, but it seems logical that batteries would get some energy to store when being connected to the grid powered by a coal generator. There shouldn't be any difference between the coal generator and the hamster wheel in batteries getting power.

Steps to Reproduce
Hook coal generator to battery.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Make sure coal generator have some fuel inside and working. Its known bug then dupes do not bring coal to generator and its idling.

Share this comment

I have to put the coal gens on priority 9, as dupes will do everything else instead of delivering coal.

Share this comment

Strange, when I hook up a battery to the Coal Generator, it is indeed being charged.

As mentioned, are you certain that the Coal Generator was running and outputting energy at the time?

Share this comment

The batteries charge out of the "wasted" energy poured out by the coal generator.

If your coal generator is generating 800W of energy and your elecrtical system use 800W of energy, your battery won't charge up, simply because there's no energy left for them.

Try building another one, or more, and disable them as soon as all batteries are charged up.

Share this comment