Auto Sweeper range not working as shown

riwenna
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Well, I was just trying to see where Auto Sweepers are worth the effort and where not and well... it seems happy to deliver to the coal gen directly beneath it, but I just caught my dupes delivering manually to the coal gen on the left. When I click on the auto-sweeper it seems like both coal gens are in range. Not much experience with auto sweepers thus far, so not sure if this is intended somehow but I sure didn't find it intuitively clear even after double-checking all the descriptions etc.

Screenshot 2018-09-09 13.51.55.png

Steps to Reproduce
Place a Coal Generator overlapping with the farthest tiles marked as in-range with an auto-swpeer with coal in range. Watch the auto-sweeper not deliver to the coal gen.

User Feedback

If the priority of the coal gen is not higher than the coal source then the sweepers will not sweep. Otherwise it is likely this bug again.

Share this comment

I'm pretty sure the middle bottom tile of the Coal Generator is the tile coal is inserted into, so that tile has to be in range

• Like 1

Share this comment

I see, that would make much sense. It's not really indicated in any way, and I think the dupes deliver from some tiles away, so it's difficult to guess if you don't somehow know.

I'ver rebuilt the room as PowerStation-CoalGen-CoalGen which put the whole of second CoalGen in range and solved the problem.

Share this comment

I'm having the same issue with my coal and auto sweeper also not working.  And the grid FULLY encompasses the coal generator and it still wont deliver.

save and reload didn't fix it either.

7 hours ago, Pyrrus said:

If the priority of the coal gen is not higher than the coal source then the sweepers will not sweep. Otherwise it is likely this bug again.

bug.  I messed around with sand box  just now  trying so many different locations and orientation of the sweeper.

the coal is literally on the ground and it has nothing to do with the container priority

Share this comment

11 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

the coal is literally on the ground and it has nothing to do with the container priority

It seems to me that the sweepers will not pick things up from the ground and send them to a machine.  They have to go from ground to storage, then storage to machine.  That seems like a bug.

Share this comment

Please submit save files if you have auto-sweeper situations that don't seem to be working, and we can take a look to see if it's a bug or some other factor impacting their behaviour, thanks!

20 hours ago, riwenna said:

I see, that would make much sense. It's not really indicated in any way, and I think the dupes deliver from some tiles away, so it's difficult to guess if you don't somehow know.

I'ver rebuilt the room as PowerStation-CoalGen-CoalGen which put the whole of second CoalGen in range and solved the problem.

Yes this is currently the case, sorry it's not very clear.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I think my situation is not a bug after all, so no sense in posting my save (it started working when I rebuilt the room in a different order). @RonEmpire should maybe post his or make a new bug report, as his seems like a genuine bug.

Share this comment