Air scrubbers not using water.

Whispershade
  • Branch: Live Branch Fixed

I noticed that 3 of my air scrubbers are not pulling water or outputting polluted water. They are activated by a atmo switch and turn on, they take in CO2 but appear to just store it.  Some holding thousands of kilograms of C02 and not processing it. The most affected are the primary scrubbers for my Natural Gas Generators, which are closed off in a room and triggered by an atmo switch set to about 1000g.  These rooms also have a secondary scrubber with an atmo switch set higher, so these rarely trigger.

I forced another scrubber at the base of the a water storage area directly below the Printing Pod to activate and it does accept water and output polluted water.  But it also appears to be containing 400 or so Kg of CO2 and not doing anything with it. The other affected ones, though continue to work and remove CO2 from their location, but do not destroy it or convert water.

This is my first and only map, so it was generated on May 26th, if that is useful.

Waterless air scrubbers.png

waterlessairscrubbers.sav

Steps to Reproduce
I noticed it when running liquid pipe lines around my air scrubbers for my Nat Gas Generators. No water was moving but the scrubbers were still working. It is just an enclosed room with an atmo switch connected to an air scrubber. My best guess is that after numerous on/off cycles with the atmo switch CO2 gets pulled in after the scrubber is triggered off? And once it accumulated too much CO2 in the system is no longer brings in water? But I don't even know if these have inventory limits. Sorry this isn't more helpful.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Deconstruct the ones with over 10000 kg, empty the bottle they drop and rebuild the scrubbers. They work after that.

Edit: The exact number the water intake refuses to take more water is 2000 kg CO2 stored.
This is the maximum storage capacity for the CO2 scrubber and only the conduit consumer obeys it.

And for the record the conduit consumer has a capacity of 20 kg and refuses to go past that point.
So 1980 kg CO2 and 20 kg water is perfectly valid.

Edited by Risu

Share this comment

I did not notice an entry for this in the known issues list, I am sorry if added unnecessary duplication.

Might I ask what the trigger for the scrubbers to start hording CO2 is in the first place? I would like to avoid having to manually deconstruct the scrubbers over and over again until the issue is resolved.  Should I just leave a scrubber run full time without an atmo switch?

Share this comment

It can consume CO2 from the atmosphere slightly faster than it can convert to polluted water so it can very slowly add up if in a room concentrated with CO2. As for why it can do this, well, it has no storage checks for doing so. So it'll just keep adding CO2 to infinity.

Share this comment

So if you can let the scrubbers run while they cannot intake sufficient CO2 whether by low volume or the space occupied by the scrubber is filled with another gas then the scrubber if it can still intake water will work down its contents?

Thank you, Risu, for your time helping me understand how the scrubbers malfunction.

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

So if you can let the scrubbers run while they cannot intake sufficient CO2 whether by low volume or the space occupied by the scrubber is filled with another gas then the scrubber if it can still intake water will work down its contents?

That should work yes. If you can prevent it from taking in more CO2 then it'll just get rid of its storage.
Gotta have room in there for the water to get in though.

Share this comment

On 6/15/2017 at 11:18 PM, Risu said:

Deconstruct the ones with over 10000 kg, empty the bottle they drop and rebuild the scrubbers. They work after that.

Edit: The exact number the water intake refuses to take more water is 2000 kg CO2 stored.
This is the maximum storage capacity for the CO2 scrubber and only the conduit consumer obeys it.

And for the record the conduit consumer has a capacity of 20 kg and refuses to go past that point.
So 1980 kg CO2 and 20 kg water is perfectly valid.

I must contest your assessment.... This happened after a few hours with a scrubber that wasn't using water..... I have 3 bottles like this and I kind of want to unleash them....

too much co2.jpg

Share this comment

9 hours ago, axxionx12 said:

I must contest your assessment.... This happened after a few hours with a scrubber that wasn't using water..... I have 3 bottles like this and I kind of want to unleash them....

Contest what assessment? 25312.5 is indeed greater than 2000. Therefore will refuse to use water.

Share this comment

Fix should be in the next update, but it requires rebuilding of current scrubbers. So take care of existing ones when loading a base from an older version after your game updates...

• Like 1

Share this comment